Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stacky1 Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2008, 01:25 AM
    Hard cider
    Hey I went out with my brother to a bar just after I turned 21 and knowing I didn't like beer he ordered me a hard cider and I was wondering if it is possible to buy in something like bottles at a place like walmart or a liquor store or do I have to make it myself? I was trying to find out online and all it talked about was home brewing. Thanks
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Aug 18, 2008, 01:35 AM
    The term "Hard Cider" only means that it is fermented, making it alcoholic (otherwise it would just be apple juice, sometimes referred to as 'Cider')

So basically, you just want good old cider! If you know the bar, you should head back there and ask them what cider they stock! (Hey, you could even get in a tasting session! Ha ha!)

Good luck in your search!

Aug 18, 2008, 09:09 PM
    Thanks and that's all great and all but I just want to know if I can buy the stuff bottled to drink at home with friends?
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Aug 19, 2008, 12:06 AM
    Ah, I see!

Where abouts in the world are you? It would help to know!

Aug 19, 2008, 01:14 PM
    I live in the united states in Illinois
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 19, 2008, 01:31 PM
    You can go to your local liquor store and ask if they stock it.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2008, 01:39 PM
    If you can't find Hard Cider you might want to try a wheat beer. Some exceptional wheat beers are Blue Moon, Hoegaarden(this beer is a little expensive),or Leinenkugel Sunset Wheat. They all have a very sweet taste (leine's is the sweetest) and they taste great with an Orange Slice. Try a lemon slice in Hoegaarden. I never liked beer either and one day I was Handed a blue moon and I have been drinking wheat beer ever since.
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2008, 09:21 PM
    Most hard ciders are actually beers. Two brands that I can think of are Original Sin Cider and Hard Core Cider. There are lots of other brands. These would be sold anywhere that has a decent beer selection.
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Oct 5, 2008, 04:21 PM
    Sorry to post on such an old subject. I was looking for something about homebrewing and the search led me here. No offense but a hard cider is actually closer to wine than to a beer. It is, like wine, made from the fermented juice of a fruit where as beer is made from the washings of steeped grains.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Apple cider vinegar [ 11 Answers ]

I have heard that apple cider vinegar is an effective skin lightening agent. It is applied twice a day by dabbing it on the skin and leaving it on at night. Has anyone used this treatment before and if so how long will it take to see significant results of skin lightening? I used to be quite fair,...

ACV- apple cider vinegar [ 6 Answers ]

On the 13th of this month I began drinking acv to drop a few inches for an upcoming wedding in June.. but I also notice I have an increase in cm and libido for the past few days. Is this supposed to happen too? ;) I do know it has worked for my yeast infection! Can it really work this way or is it...

Apple cider vinegar pills, connected to weight loss? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have heard that apple cider vinegar pills are connected to weight loss. Does anyone know if this is true, or have any experiences using these pills? What about green tea? Does it work? Does anyone have any other ideas to help with weight loss (preferbaly natural) Greatly...

Apple cider vinegar [ 1 Answers ]

Can I use Apple cider vinegar to treat dandruf in my chemically treated hair?

View more questions Search