Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kbraccio Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2008, 09:30 PM
    ADIVE about THE RED COLOR DYE .and how to remove it
    Hi. Please help. I had naturally medium-dark brown hair, and had highlights in my hair for the last 7 years. I finally got fed up with them and I went to the salon and got my color glossed to a dark brown. My friend and I thought it would be okay to highligh it because it would look fresh, the way it was 7 years ago. However it turned orange. So my friend suggested we dye it dark red because it will prevent my hair from turning green. So we did and I looked like ronald mcdonald so I dyed it brown. Omg what a mistake. Omgosh it was horrible. I ran to the salon the following morning and she suggested the meduim ash brown. So she did so. She said it would take out the red. It never did.. I don't know what to do? Please help. I just want the red removed from my hair. Please help.

Please please please help.
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Aug 18, 2008, 11:19 AM
    Putting on dye after dye after dye, it just builds up. It's all there in the hair.

The only way for the red to have come out was probably to strip it out, but then there's no guarantee it will as you've got layers of dye on your hair.

The only thing you can do now is just let it fade out. To help it fade out a little you can use a clarifying shampoo.

Or you could go to a reputable colourist.
    kbraccio Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2008, 11:23 AM
    Is it bad for your hair? To be stripped. I'm like scared I just want my hair medium brown the way it shouold be and never touch it again. Can this make your hair fall out?
    jenn4094u Posts: 128, Reputation: 6

Aug 20, 2008, 01:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kbraccio
    hi. please help. i had naturally medium-dark brown hair, nd had highlights in my hair for the last 7 years. i finally got fed up with them and i went to the salon and got my color glossed to a dark brown. my friend and i thought it would be okay to highligh it because it would look fresh, the way it was 7 years ago. however it turned orange. so my friend suggested we dye it dark red because it will prevent my hair from turning green. so we did and i looked like ronald mcdonald so i dyed it brown. omg what a mistake. omgosh it was horrible. i ran to the salon the following morning and she suggested the meduim ash brown. so she did so. she said it would take out the red. it never did.. i dont know what to do? please help. i just want the red removed from my hair. please help.

please please please help.
    Hair that is that over processed won't hold color well, so your best bet is to try to fade it as much as possible before you do any more color. Use a clarifying shampoo mixed with a tablespoon of baking soda... apply it like you always apply shampoo and leave it on for 15 minutes. Then, use a good reconstructor like Redken Extreme Deep Fuel to rehydrate and restrengthen you hair, leave it on for 15 minutes as well.if you do these two things together daily for a couple weeks your red will be faded and you hair will be in better shape for another color, however I would recommend you only use a semi permanent color.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will hair color remover remove the color or make it lighter? [ 3 Answers ]

I dyed my hair light golden brown. My original hair color was dark brown. Now the golden brown is starting to fade and plus my hair is growing out at the roots. The hair color did damage to my hair and I don't want to permanent dye it anymore. All I want to do is put a dark rinse to at least get my...

How to Remove/Fade Demi-permanent Hair color [ 1 Answers ]

I have been lightening my hair and coloring it different colors for years. About 3 months ago I bleached my hair to a blonde color, hated it and then ended up dying it with permanent hair color a light brown that is pretty close to my natural color. Then 1 month ago I used a dark brown...

How to remove BAD RED( purplish) hair color? [ 2 Answers ]

What a nightmare!! I let someone that is very close to me do my hair and it turned out PURPLE!! IT LOOKS PUNK! It is a mess... I don't want to hurt her feelings and I don't have the money to go to a salon to get it corrected- is there away to get this crao out of my hair ASAP?? :confused:

How to apply color zap? Or how to remove unwanted black color? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello:) I am going to cosmetology school but yet they haven't showed me how to remove color my mom wants me to do it for her she has black hair and were trying to put a brown color on her I bought color zap but still I don't no haw to apply or what other product I could use is there a...

HELP - Remove semi permanent hair color [ 5 Answers ]

I have a lot of grey hair and wanted to remove some of it - I went to a salon and used the semi permanent hair color that Supposedly George Clooney uses - It came out WAYYYYY too dark. Too much of a drastic change and now I want to remove most of it. I have tried Prell. (Nothing) I have...

View more questions Search