Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jivejcat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2003, 11:53 AM
    Non-resident fees
    Hello.  I am a student and an aspiring seasoned traveler.  The only problem?  I cannot afford to pay non-resident fees every time I want to move out of a state. Any suggestions on how to get around this?  Financial aide I can apply for?  If not, become a resident? Please help!! Thank you for your time.
    juanruiz Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2003, 12:33 PM
    Non-resident fees
    I'm not sure you can get around this one. Since public universities are partially funded by states, the feelling in non-residents, i.e.. non-taxpayers, should pay a larger percentage of the cost. Generally, you can declare residency after 1 year. Talk to the financial aid people, they may have some deal they can offer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Filing as resident or non resident? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am a bit confused on what forms to use to file my taxes. I have been in US since August 2003. Till November 14, 2005, I was on F-1 visa and since then I am on H1B visa. I believe that I can use the First year choice and file as a resident in 2005, if I am resident in 2006. For...

Part time resident or non-resident for state tax form? [ 3 Answers ]

:( hi, I was on F1 visa in Texas till the month of September. Then moved to North carolina in October to work on OPT till December. So I am still eligible to fill the 1040NR-EZ form. But my confusion is the state tax form since for Texas I did not have to fill one. And now in the D400 state tax...

Status as resident / non - resident [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Need some advise on the taxes - I had moved to NY in November 2005 with my wife. We had a baby in December 2005. I need to know my status as to whether I would need to file my return as Resident Alien or Non-Resident Alien. Also I want to know that since I received my SSN in January...

Resident or non-resident alien child? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all, I have a peculiar problem that is unanswered after 3 days of searching online. I am a resident alien in the US, and my wife and son joined me on a dependent H-4 visa on November 19,2005. My son was born earlier on in the year outside the country. So, my question is, can my baby...

NJ resident filing NY IT-203 non-resident return [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I know its crunch time for tax filing so any advice I will greatly appreciate! This is my first time filing and I am confused. I thought to file on my own because it would not be complicated. I am a NJ resident who worked a few months in NJ, half the year in NYC (full time) and a very...

View more questions Search