Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tessa809 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2008, 09:08 PM
    Fan relay in air conditioner
    "Compressor & compressor fan are running but no air is coming from air handler
    on a Coleman air conditioner. No icing on compressor & air handler fan would
    not come on in the "on" mode. About 5 hours later I tried & the air handler fan
    Came on & operated as normal. Been working all day now. What was the
    Problem/if any?

Thanks,
    Tessa
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Aug 18, 2008, 01:37 AM
    It seems to be a intermittent problem.
    It is impossible to tell but if it stops working again then you might find a bit more to go on.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2008, 06:55 AM
    It's very possible that the relay contacts that control the fan were dirty or pitted. Age of the unit will add some information. It may be a sign of upcoming failure or it may not be.
    Tessa809 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2008, 04:01 PM
    Well it's now been about 24 hours since it "started" back working. I've had the unit for about 9 years now. Last summer I had the capacitor replaced & some bolts were loose & those were tightened as well. Just like to be educated on these things & know how everything works. Thanks for the reponses.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan relay [ 1 Answers ]

How do you wire a fan relay on an old furnace that has air conditioning

Fan relay [ 2 Answers ]

How can you unstick an air conditioner/ heating unit fan relay if it is stuck? Where is it located? I have tried turnng the thermostat and power off, but to no avail.:o

Fan relay wiring [ 1 Answers ]

How do I install a fan relay swithc on my gas furnace so if I want it to the fan will run continuously?

What does air relay look like [ 1 Answers ]

What does relay look like on central air unit

AC relay [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Magic Chef forced air furnace/ac (gas heat, elec ac) Model #G8A75DC42-17 and the fan stays on even after the ac turns off. I had an ac man out and they said the relay was bad but the unit is older and they could not get replacement parts for it. When I look at it, there is a little black...

View more questions Search