Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beebeecee Posts: 44, Reputation: 13

Aug 17, 2008, 08:09 PM
    Dealing with dog killing another dog
    Earlier this evening my dog - an 8 year old male 60lb chow/collie mix attacked and killed my mothers 5 year old male miniature pinscher. Both dogs were neutered, the larger dog has attacked the little dog three times before and we took steps to correct the situation, I train the larger dog daily he's my literal best friend but I don't think I can ever look at him or myself the same way after what just happened, he literally broke the little dogs neck and even though it took just a few minutes to get to the vet and I did CPR it was too late. At this point I know it's not the larger dog's fault at all, it's my fault. The situation was a complete and utter mistake, the larger dog was coming to greet me I'd just woken up and he knocked something off the table onto his butt, it freaked him out and he charged forward to get away he thought he was being attacked and the little dog jumped up and growled/tried to bite him - like 3 seconds later it was over and the damage was done. I don't know how I'm going to live with myself, the little dog was my mother's best and most treasured companion and the manner of his death... just the whole thing is too horrible for words.

The larger dog was schedualed to go in to the vet tomorrow for a dental cleaning he's got a carnassal abcess and has been on antibiotics for a few weeks and hasn't been feeling well at all, he's been acting strange and tomorrow was to be the day that he gets a really through medical check to find out what's going on with him but I'm debating having him put to sleep instead. I'm not afraid of my dog, I'm not angry with him over what happened because I understand he's just an animal... I don't think I can ever touch and love him and pet him again without seeing what happened.

What can I do? What should I be doing?
    letitbe1111 Posts: 60, Reputation: 5

Jul 10, 2010, 08:21 PM

Since this was two years ago, I'd like to know what you decided to do. I'm non-judgemental since two of my friends were in similar situations with different outcomes.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jul 11, 2010, 09:01 AM

Letitbe this is an old thread and it doesn't look like the OP has been back. I am so sorry to the OP that this question went unanswered, I wish we could have sent our condolences.

I'd like to leave it open for a few days to see if the OP does come back, but highly doubtful seeing as it is two years old.

Please be mindful of the dates on the threads, and try not to revive old ones. Thanks :) And welcome to AMHD.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

This is killing me! [ 2 Answers ]

I saw a motorolla commercial, for the red Krzr. The commercial was all digitally done/animated, of a red krazr popping up with red flashy backgrounds, doing various movements. What is killing me is the song that was playing! I cannot find the commercial on YouTube so it may be farely knew. Has...

Breakup killing me [ 25 Answers ]

The breakup happened almost two months ago. It's been pure agony since then. It's been pain for me. I had been with my ex for almost a year when she told me she couldn't turn back anymore and she was too scarred by the hurt I caused her here and there due to my insensitivity. She say she doesn't...

Cat Killing? [ 18 Answers ]

Is it a legal in the state of Calif to kill a male cat if he is not nuetured?

My parents are killing me [ 17 Answers ]

Hi, I really need some help, so please take time to read through my long post. I was born in a conservative society. My parents went lots of hardships to bring me up. They loved me as a child and I loved them too. I was young so we didn't have any problems back then. Then my dad moved to...

My jaw is killing me! [ 3 Answers ]

First off I'll start by saying that I do have a cold, but don't know whether that makes a difference or not. Anyway, yesterday we went out for dinner, and about 30 minutes later, my jaw REALLY started to hurt. It hurt through the right side of my jaw, to my ear, up to my temple/eye. I took 2...

View more questions Search