Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    submarinefan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2008, 06:38 PM
    Looking for info about plastic building "disk" toy from 1960s
    When I was a kid in the 1960s my parents got me a building set that consisted of different color plastic disks about the size of a quarter. The disk had 8 notches cut in them and a small hole in the center. Using the notches you could connect the disks and make just about anything. I'm not positive, but I think I remember that these were made in Europe.
    I would love to find these somewhere, but I don't even remember the name. I noticed that HearthSong has a toy set made of wood called "Connectagons" that are very similar, although they appear to be larger and wooden rather than plastic. Anyone remember what these are? Any ideas where to purchase?
    gracie0327 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2009, 11:36 PM

I seem to remember these were called something like "deely bobbers" but when I enter that I get something that are headbands with bobbing balls on them. My mom thought they were called the same thing. I found a small bag of them at an independent owned toy store several years ago but have not seen any since then.
    Gloriatnjwh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2010, 01:02 PM
    I believe that the name was "Connects". I have located a page from supplier (S&S) of newer version of this toy at:
    http://www.ssww.com/item/giant-crystal-connectors-building-discs-LR2125/
    75 Mill Street / Colchester CT, 06415, USA / 800.288.9941
    submarinefan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2010, 06:50 PM

Thanks for the ideas! The item at S&S is a lot like what I had except that theirs are a lot larger. I also looked into the "deely bobbers" idea and found that there apparently was a building toy from about that time with this name. Unfortunately, none of the web articles that mentioned this gave any other info, since they were primarily interested in the 1982 "deely bobber" antennae craze. I will keep on looking!
    lynneblue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2012, 08:55 AM
    I rember those they are still out there they are called connectagons and are made in a wild color
    Tie like vatiation now. They use to just be red, yellow, blue.

Magic Cabin use to have them
    Lynne
    Burly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2012, 06:27 AM
    I agree that Connectagons are the closest in appearance to what I had. The plastic interlocking discs that we had as kids were called Inta-Locks (or, possibly, intalox, or intaloks, or intalocs), but not sure of the spelling because I never saw it written. They were white, light blue, dark blue, light green, dark green and probably other colours, although these are all that I remember. Mind you, we played with them in Canada and I am not sure where posters are located on this board.

However, it looks like I'll be putting Connectagons on my Wish List at Amazon. :-)

Further searching (many hours later) produced a product called Octons. Although the colours are totally wrong for my toy, the shape and material is spot on. Perhaps, Octons are what me and submarinefan are looking for? The Octons that I have been able to find pictures of were manufactured by a company called Galt Toys---that seems to be in England.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pro's & Con's of "Compress drive to save disk space" [ 10 Answers ]

Hello everybody I have a question about "Compress drive to save disk space" checkbox that's located in the general tab of the Local Disk properties. I just discovered this feature and decided to save some disk on my laptop but when I applied this feature. A progress bar dialog box appeared and...

False "Insufficient Hard Disk Space" error when downloading Drivers [ 5 Answers ]

O/S XP-SP2 updated NOTE: Other than this specific problem, the System/OS, all Peripherals and Applications are working perfectly. I recently bought a new Logitech QuickCam Ultra Vision to replace my old QuickCam. When I went to install the drivers/Apps; the CD began to spin-up in the drive...

How do I "connect 1/2" copper to 1/2" flexible plastic"? Anyone? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello Experts... Amateur (very amateur!! ) plumber needing some advice: Bought an old 2 1/2 storey house, and somebody ran some copper into the uninsulated side attic to feed the hot & cold water to a sink. This might not be a problem in California, but it sure is North of the border in...

"Invalid System Disk".Why won't Xubuntu install? [ 4 Answers ]

This is getting annoying! :confused: I've got an old Pentium III computer running Windows98; I added a used hard-drive and formatted it, and then tried to install Xubuntu on the second hard drive (I disconnected the first hard drive and set the formatted drive to "master". I don't quite...

Two parts: moving toilet over 4" and connecting to 4" black plastic to make shower [ 3 Answers ]

Hi friends, I have a concrete slab foundation. In one full bath, I'm changing out the tub to put in a sauna tub, going from 60x30 to 60x32. The toilet is right next to the tub, so I want to move the toilet over at least 4" and change the sink to a pedastal sink to make room for the move for...

View more questions Search