Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    auntdea Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2008, 05:14 PM
    How to get an 18 yr old to move out
    My parents are 75 and 78. For the past 1 1/2 yrs, my nephew has lived with them because of a situation that he will not live with his mother and can't live with his father. He is now 18 yrs old and is becoming more verbally abusive to my parents. I want to know if and how I can legally get him to move out. This situation is becoming more stressful for my parents and I am worried about their physical and mental health.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 17, 2008, 05:25 PM
    You have the parents give him an eviction notice, and if he still will not move they will file for an eviction in housing court
    inoble Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Sep 8, 2008, 10:52 AM
    Does your nephew have a job or is he still in school? Your parents need to set a dead line and let this young man know they mean business! Since he is verbally abusive, tell your parents to get in touch with their county elder abuse hotline. The hotline can offer lots of legal guidance/help!
    mamamccabe Posts: 16, Reputation: 0

Mar 29, 2009, 10:19 PM

Does he pay rent? If not, then the answer is simple. Tell him to move out. If he doesn't go, then put him out. As long as he is capable of getting a job, he should be fine. Your parents don't deserve to be abused, and it sounds like he is maybe a little bit too cared for anyway. So, it's harsh but it works.
    ifteqar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2009, 01:45 AM

How make friendship with girlz??

Reply As Soon As Possible

Regards
    Yours truly

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The first move. [ 5 Answers ]

What's the best things to say when you make the first move on girls on nites out? I'm not having much luck at the mo ;)

FL to GA move [ 1 Answers ]

I just moved from Florida to Georgia but I work in Florida. Do I file income tax in both states? If so will I have to file in both as long as I work in Florida?

Need to move on [ 9 Answers ]

Well I'm 15 years old and I recently dated a 17 year old. We "dated" for about 3-4 weeks then he said he was going to ask me out everyday of the last week of school. Then summer came and he never asked me out he said he was too busy and wouldn't have enough time to be with me. Well that was fine...

To move or not to move - Tub Drain [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I am installing a 72" soaker tub into a properly roughed in basement bathroom. The soaker tub's drain is not in the traditional spot and is positioned in the middle of the length of the bath. I have a 2" snub up located about 24-30" from where my tub drain will sit. Do I have to cut up...

View more questions Search