Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    serkankutlu Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2006, 06:40 PM
    Internet Image Search (Very first question to the site)
    Here is my very first question to this site.
    Let's see if it works...

Imagine a logo (car, company, brand, etc... ) that is really easy for you to draw but don't have any informations about.

Is it possible to find the origins and relations of this logo just using internet search engines?

If yes how?

(We can extend the limits of the questions to any kind of picture which we couldn't draw.)
    cajalat Posts: 469, Reputation: 66

Apr 20, 2006, 07:02 PM
    I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for but I'll take a stab at it. Go here and type the word(s) that describes what you're looking for. This will give you images that could potentially resemble what you're looking for. Is that what you're looking for or where you thinking of something like the Logo for the chrysler cars and its history?
    serkankutlu Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2006, 03:27 PM
    Actually what I'm looking for is just the opposite of what you have suggested.
    I'm looking forward to find a method of finding an image or a logo that I don't have a clue about it's relations.
    But as we have chance to find images on the net easily by writing its name I thought maybe there might be a way that can recognize our entry as an image rather then words and give us information about the image/logo.
    cajalat Posts: 469, Reputation: 66

Apr 21, 2006, 05:06 PM
    Hmm, I'm not sure there's such a system (at least that I'm aware of). So what you're describing could be a search engine where you enter an image or a link to an image and have the search engine interpret the image and tell you more about it. I really doubt there's such a system. I guess the closest thing I can think of is if the image is named (file name) with enough information to be able to search the name. Or if the image (if it were a JPEG file) could have meta data embedded in it to describe the image (e.g. Exif).

Hopefully someone will come along and post here with more info. You've got me curious now since the application of such technology would have a revolutionary application use.

Casey
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2006, 03:15 PM
    I believe there are search tools where you can give the program an image and it will try to find similar images - is that what you are after? I know there was one mentioned on Newgrounds once (friend of Tom Fulp was releasing it). I'll try to find it...

***EDIT***
    No luck finding it. I'm sure the name of the program had something to do with a guys name. Well the only other thing I can suggest is searching on Google
    axeformatrix Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2011, 01:14 AM
    Go for a norad search database... then only u can find a persons id by his image... only possible in america
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Feb 24, 2011, 09:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by axeformatrix View Post
    go for a norad search database......then only u can find a persons id by his image....only possible in america
    This post is over 4 years old. There is no need to post on it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet site logging [ 4 Answers ]

Greetings, I am looking for a service that logs every website visited, and then sends the information to a designated email address. This is useful for parents who are aware that children today are computer savvy enough to bypass the conventional parental controls? Any suggestions? Thanks a...

Internet site [ 1 Answers ]

I there a website where I can watch full length movies for free and safly? Or download.

Internet Explorer Search Bar [ 3 Answers ]

I had some spyware on my computer, so I used Ad-aware to quarantine these files... now my search bar in IE won't work. If I type something in to search, it says "this page cannot be displayed" How would I fix this?

Internet Explorer could not open search page [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Can anybody tell me how to get rid of this dirty message "Internet Explorer could not open search page", I am really pissed of with this message, Can anyone help me please Thanks well in advance Andy

No Search for Internet Explorer! [ 5 Answers ]

I canīt access search sites (like www.google.com) from my internet explorer, and some other sites as well (like www.submarino.com.br). I reinstalled the browser already, but I'm still canīt access them. Please, I don't want to format my HD and reinstall XP, someone HELP ME!!

View more questions Search