Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    liverpoolone Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2008, 11:18 AM
    I need to change name on deeds to house which has been left to me do I need to go to a solicitor and how much will it cost

It has been left in will by some one who has died, probate has has come back OK.just waiting for deeds.do I need to go to a solicitor for them to deal with it or can you do it yourself
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 17, 2008, 03:48 PM
    First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. This can lead to confusion. You should start a new thread. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

I suspect you are in the UK (since you referred to a solicitor). If the will was probated, there has to be an executor. The executor needs to execute a transfer deed transferring the property from the estate of the deceased to the heir(s).

Whether a solicitor is needed I'm not sure. In the US, it wouldn't be necessary. I would contact the county ask them what is necessary.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transfer Ownership of Inherited Property to Another Heir [ 1 Answers ]

My mother died without a will and left her home to us, her 5 daughters. She wanted the home to be sold and the money divided between us, but one sister wants to buy the house herself. What form must we fill out to completely transfer our ownership of the house to the 5th sister? I mean,...

Inherited property [ 2 Answers ]

My husband's family gave him a piece of land as inherited property while we were married. If we build a house on the land and later down the road get a divorce, am I intitled to 50% of the property and house?

Inherited property [ 2 Answers ]

If I inherit property outside the US, and intend to sell, what are the taxes I will have to pay?

Tax on Inherited property? [ 1 Answers ]

I inherited a home from my mother. The home was sold six months from the time of her death, and no improvements were made on the home. Do I have to pay capital gains tax?

Property taxes on inherited property [ 1 Answers ]

When daughter inherits home from parent and moves into the home, is there an adjustment to the property tax base in California? Currently taxes are extremely low but house has increased in value since purchase 40 years ago. House is held by trust.

View more questions Search