Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    max_dusette Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Aug 17, 2008, 11:36 AM
    Can I join any branch of the military on proabtion?
    I am on probation and I won't to make something of myself and become a helpful member of the community and I need to know if I can join the military while on proabtion I have searched everywere and I haven't found an answer please someone help me
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2008, 11:38 AM
    Your best bet would be to talk to your probation officer he would be able to pull strings and advise you of all the options. If you just go to the recruiting offices they could just reject your application. Often they will offer you jail time or join the service, several people on my daughters air force base were given the option.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 17, 2008, 11:41 AM
    It may be possible, is it a felony or misdemeanor. But the recruiter will have to work though the details of it, and it is possible that you will have to get the judges approval after everything is arranged.

Aug 17, 2008, 11:49 AM
    OK well thank you it's a feloney by the way
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2008, 07:04 AM
    Hello max:

You're going to have to wait till your probation is over. Then, the army might take you.

excon

Aug 18, 2008, 07:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello max:

You're going to have to wait till your probation is over. Then, the army might take you.

excon
    Ahahha that's funny that you say that cause I just got off the phone with a recruiter and that's exactly what he said
    dante37 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2010, 06:53 PM
    No.
    jhondoey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2011, 05:59 PM
    It might be true that being on probation eliminates your eligibility, at least this is what a recruiter told me. I know that your probation officer might be able to cut your probation short. If you made a good case to your PO he might be more inclined to helping you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What rank and branch of service? [ 2 Answers ]

Found an old sepia toned picture of a now deceased relative. He's wearing what I think is a US Army uniform with a flat topped hat with a gold eagle insignia. Also has crossed sword insignias on his lapels. Is this an old cavalry uniform? He was born in 1896. I can't find any record of him serving...

I got married to a military guy, and we got military housing [ 6 Answers ]

MY husband and I became eligible for base housing and took it, because the only time we would move in was that day. In my old apartment lease there is a military clause. However I got the apartment before I became married, and my husband is not on the lease. My landlord is saying that the military...

What branch of AC and Heating should I buy? [ 2 Answers ]

I am in a process looking for new central air and heating unit for my home. I spoke to two contractors and here are my questions I would like to know to verify the contractor’s information. 1. My house is 1500 sqft. We are thinking about to add another 800 sqft so the total sqft in the house is...

Farmers Branch, Texas [ 2 Answers ]

Farmers Branch became the first in the nation to prohibit landlords from renting to most illegal immigrants. The measure exempts minors and people 62 and over from having to prove their immigration status or citizenship. Families that include citizens and illegal immigrant members can lease housing...

View more questions Search