Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rummage Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2003, 10:12 PM
    Port Wide Open
    Hi--
    Just did a scan on my computer for ports--I have one that is wide open--How do I go about closing it?-Thanks
    coreybryant Posts: 134, Reputation: 2

Jul 19, 2003, 10:09 AM
    Port Wide Open
    What firewall are you using?  Most firewall programs allow for you to close the port.  What port is it?  Did you verify that you did not need it?

Jul 19, 2003, 12:29 PM
    Port Wide Open
    Using Zone Alarm Home Version--not Pro---I can't find what to click on that shows the ports--Thanks
    coreybryant Posts: 134, Reputation: 2

Jul 19, 2003, 01:01 PM
    Port Wide Open
    Well I tried ot search on their web site - but it did not really help . I do not use Zone Alarm but maybe someone who is on here does. I would think there is an option there to open close ports. Also check Zone Alarm's help on the program - type in port - see if that helps.

Jul 19, 2003, 01:43 PM
    Port Wide Open
    Corey--
    Thanks, I will check on this---Thank you
    elina Posts: 136, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2003, 09:52 PM
    Port Wide Open
    Rummage, may I suggests buying the latest ZONEALARM PRO, version 4. Since version 3.0, it automatically blocks and disabled the all the dangerous ports, such as UDP ports 137 and 139. You can also go to its "FIREWALL" section-->MAIN-->CUSTOM by right-clicking the icon at the lower right-hand corner of the taskbar at the bottom of your screen. You can also go to its PROGRAM CONTROL section to block what site or program you wish to allow and block. I have used ZONEALARM since version 2.5, and it is the best firewall along with WINROUTE.

Just to make sure, you can go to https://grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2 OR http://www.securitymetrics.com/portscan.adp to scan your ports again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag wide by side refrigerator [ 2 Answers ]

Model number mzd2752GRW. The switch that turns on the ice/water dispenser stopped working. I replaced it. The water dispenser now works. The ice dispenser drops the ice cubes, but the door they should fall through doesn't open. What controls it?

Wide shoulders [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, I want to know if there is away to broaden shoulders.

Wide or double daybed? [ 1 Answers ]

Is there such a piece of furniture as a wide or double day bed, or a bed that has a tall cushioned side to it? I have a tremendous amount of trouble sleeping in a regular bed. I sleep so much better on a sofa, where I can put my back to the back of the sofa, if you get what I mean. Pushing the bed...

USB Adaptor in PS/2 Port [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Fujitsu laptop running Win 98SE and it does not have any USB ports. I have this adaptor that allows me to convert a PS/2 port into a USB port for plugging USB peripherals in. I've run hardware scans, restarted the computer, etc. and I can't get it to recognize the USB adaptor...

View more questions Search