Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnnywire Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2008, 07:16 PM
    Service Dogs
    Where can I not go with my service dog and do I have to have proof of certification?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 17, 2008, 04:07 AM
    johnnywire, this excerpt is from Wikepedia:

Accessibility

Public accessibility of service dogs varies according to the country and region. A number of states employ specific laws to ensure the rights of handlers while in public. For example, in the United States, service dogs and their handlers enjoy special protection under the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990[1], which gives them equal access to anywhere the general public is allowed, such as restaurants, taxis, and aircraft, as well as provide protection for handlers living in places "pets" are generally not allowed.

I suggest you go on line at google.com and check out the 'Americans with Disabilities Act of l990'.

To answer your question, I don't think there is anywhere 'you cannot go' except into a woman's washroom, of course, with your service dog.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Are hot dogs safe for dogs [ 7 Answers ]

Are hot dogs safe for me to feed to my dog,or are there any health issues I should be concerned with?

Upgrading from 100amp service to 200 amp service [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1994 model double wide home, and would like to change my 100 amp service to 200 amp service. ( I want to go to electric heat) I have a disconnect at the house after the meter and it say 200amp. Is the wiring from there to my breaker box able to handle 200 amp service, and if not how do I...

What is the difference between "Service Pack 2" and "Service Pack 2 v 2096" for Windo [ 1 Answers ]

I M CONFUSING IN WINDOWS SERVICEPACK 2 AND SERVICE PACK 2 V.2096 What is the difference between "Service Pack 2" and "Service Pack 2 v 2096" for Windows XP. Thanks Purendra

Changing from metered service on my shop to service from my house. [ 2 Answers ]

I’ve had the meter and 3 wire service cable removed from my shop. I’ve purchased 90 feet of 100 amp direct burial cable to run from the lower section of my home meter to my shop. Not being an electrician, I’m still trying to install this changeover. The direct burial cable has 4 wires. 2 larger...

Retired Service Dogs? How to find them. [ 2 Answers ]

I've always loved the labs. Since I'm too old to take on any more puppies, I was thinking that when my Cricket (Springer mix) goes, I'd like to see about adopting a retired service dog. How does one find them? About what age are they retired. Is there anything we need to know before getting...

View more questions Search