Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hate_and_love Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2008, 07:10 PM
    What other ones are there?
    Where I live everyone is pretty much christans and if you aren't or judged god you're evil but whatever :p anyway whay other religions are there other then jewish,buddism and atheistism?
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Aug 16, 2008, 07:15 PM
    Hello H&L

The main religions are in ratio to the number of it's followers :

# Christianity: 2.1 billion
    # Islam: 1.5 billion
    # Secular Humanism/Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheist: 1.1 billion
    # Hinduism: 900 million
    # Chinese traditional religion: 394 million
    # Buddhism: 376 million
    # primal-indigenous: 300 million
    # African Traditional & Diasporic: 100 million
    # Sikhism: 23 million
    # Juche: 19 million
    # Spiritism: 15 million
    # Judaism: 14 million
    # Baha'i: 7 million
    # Jainism: 4.2 million
    # Shinto: 4 million
    # Cao Dai: 4 million
    # Zoroastrianism: 2.6 million
    # Tenrikyo: 2 million
    # Neo-Paganism: 1 million
    # Unitarian-Universalism: 800 thousand
    # Rastafarianism: 600 thousand
    # Scientology: 500 thousand

So you're not alone!!

Have a look here on this board : very interesting ! (LINK)

:)

·
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2008, 09:44 AM
    Are you looking for what comes closest to what you believe?
    If you list what all you do and do not believe we can pretty likely come up with what you would be considered.
    hate_and_love Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2008, 08:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    Are you looking for what comes closest to what you believe?
    If you list what all you do and do not believe we can pretty likely come up with what you would be considered.
    Umm I was just wondering what oother religion there are but heck I'll give a new relgion a shot OK umm.
    I think that there are mysterious powers in the world but I don't think that one man alone created it. I think that many others helped create the universe. I believe that there is bad karama and good karama I also believe in luck. I don't like the idea that if you don't go by everything that god says you should that you are a horrible person. I don't want to think that a peron is controlling my every move that I have no freedom of my own life.Knows my every thought and can control the whole world in the tip of his finger. I also believe that there is no heaven or hell but that there is a place that everyone lives in together. I also believe in being reborn.
    So there you go do any religions sound like my thoughts?
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2008, 06:56 AM
    Sounds to me like you would most likely go for either Unitarian, Scientology or New Age
    -

Aug 18, 2008, 05:21 PM
    Sounds to me like you would most likely go for either Unitarian, Scientology or New Age
    Unitarian or New Age... That sounds right.
    But Scientology ? Come on Linda : you know better, I'm sure ! · I even doubt that it is a religion.

:rolleyes:

·
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2008, 05:24 PM
    So maybe she wants to be an atheist or even a wiccan, I was just saying things she might be interested in along what she believes and doesn't believe. Does it really have to be a religion if maybe she is looking for an alternative to religion that would maybe suit her belief system better?? I am sure you of all people can understand that.
    -

Aug 19, 2008, 01:13 AM
    ... I was just saying things she might be interested in along what she believes and doesn't believe.
    Just saying things?? This is a serious Help Desk, isn't it??

Does it really have to be a religion if maybe she is looking for an alternative to religion that would maybe suit her belief system better???
    Than why don't you state just THAT to her?
    But Scientology... That the IRS can't decide if that is a scam is their problem. But here there is surely less political based reasoning to decide what is a religion and what is not...

·
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2008, 05:39 PM
    Yeesh cred0

What does it matter! Maybe you should put the effort into getting Tom Cruise out of Scientology if you are so concerned about it!!
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Aug 19, 2008, 07:26 PM
    Every person is unique, and everyone has a unique relationship with the divine. So there are as many religions in the world as there are people. Sounds like you come from a pretty small town. I know what that's like. Trust me. The world is a big place, and there are many more people in it, and many more ways of living and being and believing, than what you have been shown so far. Go wherever you want, and explore! There are many wonderful things to discover. God (or however you imagine the divine) doesn't mind your wanting to know all the different ways people touch the divine mystery. Quite the opposite: The universe loves creative people who want to explore.

Many happy adventures!

Alder
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2008, 07:46 PM
    I agree Alder, many people come to their decision by studying other religions and beliefs and then figuring out what makes sense to them. They can read the Bible, study Christianity, Jehovah Witness beliefs, New Age beliefs, Scientology, Seventh Day Adventists, wicca and whatever and then figure out what it is they believe.
    -

Aug 20, 2008, 01:19 AM
    Maybe you should put the effort into getting Tom Cruise out of Scientology if you are so concerned about it!!!
    Why would I be concerned for Tom Cruise? Or for Scientology? I did not suggest that as a possible serious religious direction for someone trying to find his/her religious pigeonhole...

·

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search