Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    esvee212 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2008, 04:14 PM
    Attaching widescreen monitor to my laptop
    Hi,

Is there a way to attach my ThinkPad tablet laptop X41 to a widescreen monitor, while using my laptop keyboard? Sounds a little weird since I would have to slip the open laptop screen under the widescreen monitor? Is there a more elegant solution or workaround, without buying another keyboard?

Thank you!
    ---
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2008, 04:30 PM
    No, you can do that... any lcd monitor should come with the cables necessary to hook up your laptop/monitor and you can use your keyboard/mouse on the laptop with the separate monitor.
    esvee212 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2008, 07:36 PM
    Hi, thanks. The issue is that I am hoping to use my laptop keyboard and have the separate widescreen monitor in front of the keyboard (in place of the laptop screen). That is awkward to set up, if you know what I mean.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't want a dual monitor, but I don't want to use my laptop monitor. [ 1 Answers ]

How do I connect my desktop computer monitor onto my desktop replacement laptop and have it be the default monitor? I am currently using these two as a dual monitor, and have no use for the laptop screen. I want to just close it up, leave it on the side, and pretend I'm just using a desktop...

Widescreen Monitor [ 5 Answers ]

My computer has a graphics card which supports resolutions up to 1280 X 1024. Is this sufficient to support a widescreen monitor with a resolution of 1440 X 900? :confused:

Laptop monitor [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Dell Latitud laptop model C800, I did reinstall Windows 98 SE everything is running OK, but the monitor image is too small, in other words the screen does not cover all the surface like when was new. Can somebody help. Thank you

How do I set up a clone monitor to laptop? [ 4 Answers ]

I was able to plug a monitor into my Dell laptop and both showed the same images. Today I pluged in a monitor and it did not work. I checked out the monitor on a PC and it works. I was able go to "Display settings" and get it to work as an extended monitor(I can drag stuff over to it), but what I...

View more questions Search