Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stavista7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2008, 04:11 PM
    Triple net lease? Yes or No?
    My wife and I are looking to open a second office in a very solid location,in a busy medical plaza. We do obstetric ultrasounds and will located near quite a few OB/Gyn offices too. We feel it's a safe move and believe it can be a lucrative one too. Yet the space we are thinking about which we feel is perfect, is under triple net lease terms. They are offering the space for 18.00 sq. ft. for about 1160 in office sq. ft. and the common area of 340sq ft. There are a few other offices that are within the same complex that are offering their spaces for approx. 24-26 sq. ft. yet they are not triple net leases.What we want to know is, what are the advantages and disadvantages of going with one or the other. We are aware of the fact that we are responsible for repairs and maintenance of he space if anything major goes wrong and then then taxes and insurance. If anyone could give us some insight and guide us in the right direction or even offer some clarity as to what we should request or be weary of that would be great!
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Aug 16, 2008, 04:21 PM
    See if you can get the landlord to agree that you'll only pay the "increase" in costs of CAM, taxes and insurance over the first year of the lease, rather than the actual charges. That was something that I saw quite often in office leases.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Triple Net Lease Reimbursed Expense Conflicts [ 3 Answers ]

Triple Net Lease Conflicts -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Retail businesses in a Triple Net Lease are responsible for reimbursement of expenses for building maintenance and upkeep, which is split based on square footage of leased space with...

Triple C. [ 8 Answers ]

I recently ran across an article about the latest thing that Teens are doing it is called Triple c and it is over the counter flu and cold tablet, they take a large amount and I guess get high from it. There has been kids die from this. Has any one heard of this or teens that have tried this I...

401k triple dip [ 1 Answers ]

I worked 4 months in NY 8 months in NJ, lived 6months in NY 6 months in PA. While living in NY I closed out my 401k and paid 20 percent penalty. Do I have to report this as income in all 3 states when filing as well as my federal.

View more questions Search