Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SueM Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2008, 11:52 AM
    Canning pressure cooker vs hot water bath
    Is there any reason why you can't use the pressure cooker vs the Hot water bath for canning fruits and jams
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 17, 2008, 04:15 AM
    Pressure cookers are NOT recommended for canning because a fully loaded canner takes a longer time for heating and cooling. This time is taken into account when determining processing times in standard canning timetables. The smaller pressure cookers have smaller loads, and this causes them to heat and cool quicker than a pressure canner. This causes problems with accurate timing.
    carolhilde Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2012, 12:03 PM
    If you presswure cook at 5 min at ten lbs how long with you hot bath for?
    Expert

Sep 16, 2012, 02:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by carolhilde View Post
    I don't have a conversion chart for that. Why do you ask? Is pressure cooker your preferred way, but are looking for other options?
    Expert

Sep 17, 2012, 03:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by carolhilde View Post
    I don't know, haven't got a conversion for that. Why do you ask?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Canning fresh veg with pressure cooker [ 1 Answers ]

Hepl please i bought a pressure cooker and in their manual it list how to cook all foods but not how long to pressure cook can foods. I want to can fresh string beans and there is no time table on any fresh vegtables to be canned my pressure cooker is 15 psi. could someone help me on this. My...

Pressure cooker use/manual [ 1 Answers ]

I have a brand new pressure cooker. It has the pressure rocker, a safety valve, a safety lock and It does not seem to build up pressure. I see steam comes from the safety lock. Where is the user manual? No idea. Can someone help me find where I can get a user manual, or tell me what's wrong with...

New water heater, no hot water pressure in 2 bath/showers [ 3 Answers ]

A new water heater was installed yesterday, but I have no HOT water pressure in either of my showers. Is it the old fixtures, or a leaking pipes?

No Water Pressure in Bath Tub [ 1 Answers ]

We recently moved our hot water heater from next to the kitchen sink, to a new location about 12 feet away, but closer to the source of water. We have a well with a submersible pump, a pressure switch and pressure tank. The latter is hooked up before the hot water heater, with appropriate lines...

No water to both sinks / very low cold water pressure to bath and washer [ 1 Answers ]

My kitchen and bathroom sink have no water, period. Hot water seems to be pretty good to the bath and washer but cold water to those 2 locations are very weak. The outside faucet is very weak at best. I have had this problem for quite some time so it's not the fact that they are frozen. I just...

View more questions Search