Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dhritiman_pal Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2008, 10:25 AM
    Can't find any topic to speak about
    I'm an 18 yr. old boy. I love a person but I'm just dumb in front of her or when I'm chatting with her... I just can't find any topic to speak about. So I remain quiet most od the time and that's my disadvantage. I'm getting frustrated on myself due to this. So I would be highly obliged if anyone could please help me out from this problem!! :(
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2008, 10:37 AM
    Ask her questions like what are her hobbies, her likes and dislikes, where she likes to go and what she likes to do. When you ask questions you find out what you have in common and can find things to discuss that you both can relate to.

Aug 16, 2008, 11:15 AM
    Actually we r friends for over two years... sudenyl I find no point to discuss... im just unable to find any topic!
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2008, 11:16 AM
    Sometimes just being with each other and feeling comfortable with each other is all that is needed. Like watching a sunset or a walk on the beach ---who needs words.

Aug 16, 2008, 11:20 AM
    I'm ready to do anything for her but the problem is she won't come out of her house to meet me... most of the time.in fact all da time we speak over da fone!!
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2008, 11:27 AM
    I take it you are young and that is common to not have anything to talk about.
    Do you ever ask her why she won't come out and meet you. What does she say?
    Maybe her parents won't let her or you are asking at wrong times.
    Maybe try asking her when can you come out? Whenever she replies that she can't.
    How does she treat you when you DO see her.

Aug 16, 2008, 11:34 AM
    Actually frankly speaking I never had the guts to ask her that question... I feel very shy!. we see each other very rarely but when we see each oder we just smile... we don't get the scope to talk... in fact a few days earlier I proposed her but she told that we can be good friends and nothing more than that... so please help me in finding ways so that she gets attracted to me!
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2008, 11:35 AM
    How old is she?
    What do you mean propose?
    You barely know each other

Can you communicate with her on the internet.

Aug 16, 2008, 11:36 AM
    We both are 18 yrs old. In fact she is 2 days older than me... her b'day is on 7th n mine is on 9th of September

Aug 16, 2008, 11:39 AM
    She is 18 yrs old... actually over these two years I fell in love with her... you we commuicate on the net but not som frequenty as we r on the fone!
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2008, 11:54 AM
    Maybe send her an ecard --but nothing serious
    Maybe a funny friendship ecard or something humorous (not the typical email forwards)
    But video type things from YouTube

Proposing would either scare her off or she will think you are just being cute since you don't know each other very well.

What DO you know about her?
    What do you think she does like about you?

Aug 16, 2008, 07:33 PM
    I know most of her personal life.. I know that she doesn't like boring people but I know I'm making her bored... she tells me that when I'm there beside her then she is so happy but that is only as a good friend!
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2008, 07:38 PM
    If you can't get her to go out with you and get to know you I really don't know what you can do. She has to be willing to give you a chance or else you need to come up with some way to catch her attention so she sees there is more to you than she realizes.

Aug 16, 2008, 07:42 PM
    Ok... thank you very much for the advice... I knew that I'm quite unlucky in this affair but still I kept a faint hope... newayz thanks a lot!!
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2008, 01:43 AM
    Why don't you take her maybe to a movie to start with, then you are both sure to have comments about what you've just seen.

Find out what music she likes,talk about what you like or what concerts you've been to, suggest an outing like a wildlife park or something similar, everyone loves animals and I'm sure there would be lots of comments made which you can respond too.

Imagine your talking to a mate or who ever... conversation will come really easy.
    Perhaps you could invite her round to yours, maybe cook something, listen to some music or simply watch TV, eventually it will come.
    She probably feels as awkward as you.

Goodluck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Think before you speak [ 4 Answers ]

I got this in another post site. Here are six reasons you should think before you speak - The last one is great! Have you ever spoken and wished that you could Immediately take the words back... Or that you could crawl into a hole? Here are the Testimonials of a few people who did...

3 YR old do not speak [ 3 Answers ]

HELLO, This is my first post here I have a problem my 3 yr old does not speak,we want to train him but he don't give much importance to our words,though his hearing powers are excellent,he sometimes utter2-3 words of his own choice, We are in foreign country and have very few friends here,so...

View more questions Search