Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    POWHATAN Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2008, 07:33 AM
    Not enough connections from cable box to peripherals.
    I have just switched from Direct TV to Comcast. I have a dual tuner dvr/hdmi capable box. My TV is a Panasonic Vieta Plasma. I also have a Panasonic Home Theater 5.1. I bought a Magnavox DVD recorder to record shows saved on the dvr. No problem in Direct TV. But now with Comcast I can't get the HDMI cable to deliver a/v to the set, so I've had to use the component video inputs, and while the HDMI cable from the theater delivers a/v to the TV while playing a dvd, it offers no sound without the rca hookups while watching cable. Now the next issue is because I'm using the component inputs, I do not have a place to plug in the rca wires from the Magnavox recorder. I have tried to go over all info in the TV menu to make sure HDMI is "on" and the only thing I can think of is to try and find a "Y" rca wire to split the signal between the cable and the recorder. Let me know how I can resolve this mess. My Direct TV setup was clean and I had great quality, now with Comcast, not so good.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2008, 08:18 AM
    Y adapters on video will degrade the signal. There are devices that will distribute video to multiple outputs. Professional equpment has the ability to "lift" the 75 ohm termination so only one device provides it.

Hdmi for cable boxes seems to be "disabled" or "reserved for future use".

I might come back to this thread.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting DVD/VCR to TV with cable but no cable box [ 6 Answers ]

Hi all! I'm trying to help my folks connect their Samsung DVD-V6700 (DVD/VCR combo) player to their Toshiba TV, model number 27AF45. They have cable TV, but no cable box. The coaxial cable is supposed to connect directly to the TV. How do I hook up the DVD/VCR player so both DVDs and VHS tapes...

Connections to TV [ 1 Answers ]

How do I connect my computer to a television to show downloaded videos on the TV

Wall mount for cable, how do I prepare for cable line? [ 3 Answers ]

I want to move my T.V. across the room, I have a wall mount with the wire there. What do I do to the wire that is not cable prepared to look like the one that is now being used? I need step by step instructions. If anyone can help me please!! :confused: Signed single mom trying to save a few...

How do I install a new cable outlet from an existing cable outlet [ 2 Answers ]

I have cable and want to install a new cable box on another wall? How do I fish the cable to the new location and how do I install the new cable box outlet?

LCD, vcr, and cable connections- for grandparents [ 1 Answers ]

How do we connect our new LCD TV with cable box and vcr in very simple terms. We are not techical people. Thanks.

View more questions Search