Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    midwestmom Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2008, 05:12 AM
    Funeral: Can I wear white shoes?
    I am going to a wake and funeral today and want to know if it would be disrespecful to wear white shoes. I would not like to be disrespecting to her. I know a lot of people say it OK tear wear any color not standing out too much and some white is o.k. but white shoes I am worried
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2008, 05:24 AM
    In my opinion, I think that you should wear any color for whatever clothing that portrays your personality and what you believe about death and passing on the best. My mother would go to visitations and funerals wearing some pretty colorful outfits to those sort of things. But, they were reflective of what she believed and about her faith.

How do you really feel about wearing the white shoes? I mean, you know the situation and customs, I would presume. Also, what did the deceased believe in as far as her faith?

What I have presented to you in my answer is just what I have experienced and came to expect and respect.

If you were around where I live, I would think that anything that made you look good, dignified and respectable would be okay to wear. If white shoes go with the outfit that you are wearing, then I would suggest wearing them.

But, that is just my opinion...

Hopefully, others will come along to address your question.

Thanks!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 16, 2008, 08:19 AM
    While it is not "old time" normal wear, *black** but if in good taste and you don't stand out with your entire outfit, I see no problem.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2008, 11:29 AM
    Anything not disrespectful seems to be acceptable for funerals and most church services, which is a step in the right direction in my opinion.
    dino_chan Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Aug 18, 2008, 05:18 AM
    I suppose its different fro every person's funeral.
    I know I want people to wear bright spring colors at my funeral.
    I want it to be a celebration of my life, and not a mourning of my death.
    You're the one who knows them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What shoes to wear with my dress? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, I have to go to a wedding so I bought a dark teal bubble dress that ends right before my knees. I didn't really want to wear heels, but if those are the best shoes for the dress I will. Also, on the straps there are some type of wooden beads, so I was thinking brown shoes. I'm not really good...

The Funeral [ 4 Answers ]

A man was leaving a café with his morning coffee when he noticed a most Unusual funeral procession approaching the nearby cemetery. A long black Hearse was followed by a second long black hearse about 50 feet behind The first. Behind the second hearse was a solitary man walking a Pit-bull on a...

Funeral etiquette [ 5 Answers ]

Is it acceptable to place a "donations" box out at a funeral service?

Not going to a funeral? [ 6 Answers ]

So my "best" friend and I haven't really been getting along lately. I really think that it's the turning point in our lives (going to college) and we're going separate ways. We just seem to be changing really fast, or it's just me. Her cousin committed suicide and she doesn't want to go to the...

Banning some one from a funeral [ 1 Answers ]

I am not sure if this is where I should be posting? My daughters husbands father is very ill he is going into hospice, his wife the step mother is evil she is constently harassing the kids she is telling them that they can not see his father now or come to the wake or funeral when he passed. We...

View more questions Search