Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nickeknew Posts: 167, Reputation: 9

Aug 15, 2008, 11:00 PM
    Only had him for 2 years
    My family bought a dalmatian and this Monday we found out he has cancer and will die by Sunday I don't know what to do he is my best friend we adopted him at age 9 he is a mush and doesn't deserve this.Help?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2008, 11:08 PM
    I'm so sorry that this is happening in your life, nickeknew! One thing that you can do is try to give him as much love and comfort for the time that has left here!

I'm sure that there will be others who will come along to give you advice and to help you to get through this! :)

Aug 15, 2008, 11:10 PM
    Thank you he was the first dog Ive ever had so it really hurts:(
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2008, 11:19 PM
    I know that it really hurts! I have had pets all of my life. It really hurt when it was time for any of them to go!

I'm going to invite some people to your thread who will be really great in helping you through this. They might not all be aware of your thread yet.

Ok?

Aug 15, 2008, 11:25 PM
    Thanks but its weird the cancer formed a ball in his neck but in the past 2 days its gotten smaller and he's eating again. A miracle?
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2008, 11:27 PM
    Could be. Are you definitely sure that he's going to die as quickly as you think that he is then?

Aug 15, 2008, 11:30 PM
    Im still young so it confuses me it annoys though because he doesn't deserve this Ive been preying every night for him.
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2008, 11:34 PM
    I'm calling in some others for you now, nickeknew! Prayer can be really helpful! Please keep praying! :)

Aug 15, 2008, 11:39 PM
    God is both kind and cruel but for good reasons I hope he answers me.
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2008, 11:51 PM
    There are others that will be helping you with this, nickeknew! They might not all come tonight, but I'm sure most of them will be here sometime in the next day or two.

God will answer you, but it might not be the answer that you want. Remember, that your pet is already pretty old for being a dog...

You will get lots of support, that I promise to you!

God's Love and Peace to You! :)
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2008, 11:52 PM
    Do you have any images of your dog that you could post on this thread? That might help people in their positive thoughts and prayers that they will send your way!

Aug 15, 2008, 11:55 PM
    Unfortunately no I'm on a psp
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Aug 15, 2008, 11:56 PM
    No person or animal deserves cancer. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I'm so sorry about what you are going through. It can't be easy. If you are a pet owner it's something that you will go through, eventually. And I'm so sorry. The best thing that you can do is not worry when your animal will die regardless of his condition or age. Love him and play with him just as you normally would. Pets can sense sadness, so be happy that he's here now, and make the most of your time together.

Aug 15, 2008, 11:58 PM
    Unfortunately I'm 13 so it hit me hard I haven't slept all week
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2008, 12:00 AM
    Nickelnew,
    I know it's horrible to have a sick pet and to lose that pet hurts.
    I hope your prayers are answered and your dog gets to spend more time with you than originally expected.
    Make every day count and add to all the good memories you already have with your dog so you'll have lots more to remember him with.
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2008, 12:04 AM
    Hey there Nickeknew, you are right that God is kind. Sometimes in His kindness, He gives us a wonderful friend such as your dog. What is your dog's name? I just lost my dog Emily. She was a black Labador Retreiver. I had taught her sign language, she would wait for me at the gate, she would stand right by my side when I was alone and very ill and not lie down again until I got back into bed. It is as hard to lose a pet as it is to lose a friend sometimes because pets are so loyal. I believe that God gave this dog for you to love and to allow you to see how much you can love and gave you to your dog, so your dog could have some much needed love and acceptance.

I will also join you in praying for your dog to recover. It is at this juncture that we must trust that the best thing will be done for this precious pet. I know that doesn't make your heart hurt any less but sometimes the decision is not in our hands. I know that being aware of the cancer can be frightening for you. Sometimes also, what we perceive to be cruel, in not God's Hand but just that we live in an imperfect world and there is sickness but as you say, there is also healing. We will join you in praying for that!

Knowing the love you have for this dog, tells me you have a lot to give. Perhaps God is opening your eyes to that fact, that you have a lot of love to give to other animals, people and to the world. We have to nurture love to help it to grow. Whether your little loved pet gets well or passes on, you have learned that sometimes it hurts to love deeply but it is worth every minute of it. Who else could love your pet as much as you? I know this hurts you and I am so sorry. Our hearts are sad at times but later, we remember the joys our pets or friends or family has brought us and that we have been able to give to them and that restores our joy and the smile on our faces.

Keep us posted please!

Aug 16, 2008, 12:04 AM
    I actually plan on dedicating part of my wall to pictures of him
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Aug 16, 2008, 12:06 AM
    That's sweet. You know what else is cool? Make your dog a Myspace or Facebook! My doggy has one, she has all sorts of doggy friends on there it's cute!
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2008, 12:08 AM
    See, now they have started to arrive here! I'm so glad that there are people who are willing to, sometimes almost on only a moments notice, to help out on a thread! :)

Aug 16, 2008, 12:08 AM
    His name is Snoopy and thanks for everything the pound was going to put him to sleep so at least we gave him 2 more years

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hi. I am a 36 years old female and has been seeing a man for 3 years we have been fri [ 8 Answers ]

Hi. I am a 36 years old female and has been seeing a man for 3 years we have been friends since I was 17 and about 3 years ago that grew into something more. He is everything to me my best friend my lover and my partner. There is no one I would like to spend my time with except for him. He is 56...

Ontario / Seven years done... Now seven more years? [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Ontario Canada and have waited seven years for a TD Bank entry to come off the "Credit Information" section on my Equifax report, It's come off but now there's a completely new entry in the "Collection Accounts" section for the same arrears handed over to a collection agency. I thought...

Apart after 6 years [ 5 Answers ]

I was with a girl for 6 years and now she turned 21. We had a big argument because she went out till 2:45am and now she is living with her mom. She said that I have to change some things about myself. She said she is not looking for anyone and her mom absolutely adores me and wants us to be...

2 years and over [ 3 Answers ]

Thanks for the advice

Together for 3 years and now. [ 4 Answers ]

My girlfriend (we'll call her Meg) and I have been dating for nearly 3 years now... she and I are both 21... I have a 3 year old daughter from a previous relationship which ended in divorce and my daughter hasn't seen her father for almost a year now... Anyway, getting on with the issue at...

View more questions Search