Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KnickGhie Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2006, 12:17 AM
    Installation
    Hi,

How can I install a OS if my CD ROM is not functioning.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2006, 04:25 AM
    HI,
    What OS do you want to install?
    If your computer has a floppy drive, then some of the much older windows' versions had floppy disks for installations.
    If you want to install XP, 2000, then my suggestion is to get a new cd-rom.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2006, 04:32 AM
    CDROM drives are cheap, around $30 USD or less for a used drive, that's your best bet. All other options are more trouble than they are worth.
    Tommyp!972 Posts: 300, Reputation: 36

Apr 20, 2006, 11:09 PM
    Take old hard drive to friend and make it a slave drive and format and install using his system then buy a DVD-RW for $30 at a computer show or at www.pricewatch.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot Tub Installation [ 15 Answers ]

Hello again! I want to hook up an electric hot tub my friend just gave me. (how lucky am I? :)) I know that it needs a 50-amp GFCI-protected 240-V circuit. I have read info regarding to where to place the outdoor switch box, etc. But there's one thing I can't seem to find. Do I install a...

Shower installation [ 1 Answers ]

Hi There New here.Can anybody help me with step by step installation Of a shower (meaning heights from trap to pan). Thanks Guys

Thermostat Installation [ 3 Answers ]

I'm replacing my old heat pump thermostat(American Standard) with a Hunter Programmable Thermostat(Model 44360). I have seven wires coming in and they are all connected as follows: The white comes in and connects to a terminal labeled X2 and jumper goes up to the terminal labeled W. Green...

Installation problem ! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there ! :) , I'm just became member in your site , and I happy to join u because I find you site very good . Yes , I do have questions to ask , I recently format my PC and was trying install XP version . I did partition , scanned the drives and check all that was necessary for the...

View more questions Search