Ask
    blakeb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2008, 08:15 PM
    Medical bill grant
    How can I get a grant to pay off old medical bills
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 15, 2008, 10:44 PM
    No, you may see if there is a non profit that may provide some help, and you may see if the medical debts will settle. Also how old are the debts, after the SOL period they can no longer sue you to collect the debt
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2008, 11:02 PM
    I would like to add and agree in general there are no grants for which that you, as an individual can apply. However, there may be medical places like hospitals and treatment centers that may have grant monies available to them, for which they have applied, which they might choose to use to pay for all or some of patients and/or clients bills.

About seven years ago, I had to spend the night at a local hospital. There was no way that I could have paid all of the different bills because of my income at that time. I was informed in writing from the hospital, that a grant from the State took care of all of the money that was due on the bills on which I owed.
    free grants Posts: 46, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2008, 12:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by blakeb
    how can i get a grant to pay off old medical bills
    If you are an individual looking for a grant to pay off old medical bills, please refer to GovBenefits.gov, the official government benefits website, a free, tool that helps individuals find government benefits they may be eligible to receive, as well as information on how to apply.
    Devonity Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2012, 06:03 AM
    I been working for years, my job got closed down about a year. My unemployement stop and every where I go is not hiring. Now I just found out I have to have surgery and need gallbladder remove in severe pain who can I get help from to help me pay this please. I am enrolled to go back to school in summer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grant on medical debt [ 1 Answers ]

HI there, Where would you suggest to apply grants for one's medical bills? Some people can't afford their medical bills, living in proverty, who can help him?:(

Medical bill [ 4 Answers ]

Hi When a medical provider tells you its OK to send 50.00 dollars a month on a balance that is 500.00 dollars do I need to get this in writing ? 50 a month is just about all I can afford to send The lady in billing set up the payments and I was just wondering should I get this in writing I...

Medical bill [ 13 Answers ]

How do I take care of a medical bill after its been garnished through the courts and do not have the money to pay it

View more questions Search