Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mmcqa10 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2008, 08:51 AM
    Relinquishing Parental/Educational Rights in the State of Maryland (Baltimore COunty)
    Thank you for your time. Please advice me of the steps to take to obtain educational rights for my son's friend, who is a Junior in High School. His mother is unable to care for him and is willing to take the appropriate steps to enroll her son in school, as he lives with me.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 15, 2008, 08:55 AM
    I think you need to go to your local Family court and petititon to be appointed the child's guardian.
    mmcqa10 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2008, 08:59 AM
    The mother does not want to relinquish all rights and I have agreed to only his academic enrollment. He is very close to graduating and without any help, he will be another high school dropout. Do you know if this can be done at the Family court level?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 15, 2008, 09:16 AM
    That's why you ask for guardianship. This will give you the right to act for the minor but not parental responsibility.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relinquishing Parental rights in WA state [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to know what if any criteria I had to meet to give up my parental rights in WA state? Also would it make any difference if my children now live in another state?

Relinquishing Parental Rights [ 9 Answers ]

I am pregnant and the father of the child wants nothing to do with it. He is willing to relinquish his parental rights because he doesn't want to pay child support. He keeps telling me that his lawyer is preparing the proper documentation but I don't believe him. Can he relinquish his rights...

Relinquishing Parental Rights [ 4 Answers ]

In Louisiana, can a father voluntarily relinguish his rights and if it is possible would he still be required to pay child support?

Relinquishing Parental Rights in WA State [ 1 Answers ]

How does one relinquish parental rights pro se in Washington State and will that nullify child support obligations, if there were any?

Relinquishing Parental Rights [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am a father of two children in the state of Virginia. At this time I will need to relinquish my parental rights to their mother. Please advise the first steps in this process. Thanks, CB

View more questions Search