Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Abbyjohn Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2008, 09:10 PM
    Hooking up DVD to new Sanyo LCD HDTV
    Hi, my first question ever, and my first DVD and LCD TV - I am new at all this - Samsung DVD/VCR (all in one) supplied one cable with a white, red and yellow at each end. I plugged red and white at one end into DVD audio out; the yellow into video out. Sanyo HDTV has 3 rows of all different color jack things for cables to go into. Going by the manual, I picked a row for the red and white audio in (in Row 1), but that same row has no yellow color, only a green and blue and another red. There IS a yellow video in at the top of 3rd row (in fact this is the ONLY yellow anywhere). So it is okay to put the red and white in row 1 and the yellow in row 3? I'm afraid to turn the TV or DVD on because I don't want to hurt anything if I have it in wrong. (CAN it hurt the TV if I have it in wrong?) Do I need any other cables? Should I buy an "S" cable I have read about in other questions/answers? Thanks for any help.
    sportsguy02 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2008, 12:44 PM
    With the cable that has a yellow, red, and white these are called composite cables. The yellow jack or (video) on your TV will have those three inline with each other, this type of cable is on of the lowest resolution your TV can handle. S video cables are about the same resolution as composite cables, s video and composite are not hi-def cables. The component cables are the Red,Green,Blue or RGB cables. This is the first set of cables that you can use for a true hd signal. The audio for this input would be as such.. If you plug in the component cables into input 1 then the audio input would be audio 1. I strongly suggest getting an HDMI cable now that they are so inexpensive if your TV supports them. With an HDMI cable it transfers both sound and audio through the same cable. You can fin one online for about $20. Hope that helps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hooking up a dvd/vcr combo & PVR to hdtv [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Samsung HP-S4253 (Samsung HP-S4253 Specs. Flat-panel TVs Specifications., I currently have a Motorola DCT 6416 III (Hardware - HDPVR) hooked up to it (its setup through Shaw Cable) and I also have a Panasonic DVD/VCR (DMR-ES46V) (DMR-ES46VS - Hot Deals - Shop and Compare at...

Hooking hdtv,hdreceiver and dvd recorder [ 1 Answers ]

I try to connect my hd TV, panasonic dvd recorder and hd receiver , but I couldn't , I want able to record programs in my dvd recorder.Can someone please help me step by step how to set done this. I have: Olevia lcd hdtv Connections: Hdmi Component s-video Rca

Hooking up DVR to DVD recorder, to receiver, to HDTV [ 3 Answers ]

I've been looking for the exact answer to my specific problem, but I haven't been able to find it yet. I hope someone can help me. Here's my equipment: Comcast Scientific Atlanta HDDVR cable box (8300HD, 1 HDMI out, component Out 1, composite Out 2, digital audio) Samsung LCD HDTV (LNT4065F,...

Sanyo TV [ 2 Answers ]

32" Model # DS31580. I control this TV with a Dish Network remote. Somehow without knowing it, I've changed the features so that now the current channel is always displayed on screen. I called Sanyo. They said I need the Sanyo remote to change those features. I no longer have the Sanyo remote. I...

View more questions Search