Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Washington1 Posts: 798, Reputation: 36

Aug 14, 2008, 07:38 PM
    Speaker cable
    Can any aduio guru's recommend a speaker cable that can be ran through a wall, and ran outdoors? (Commercial building)

Obviously I'm no audio tech! :D

Aug 14, 2008, 08:13 PM
    Speaker Information:
    Power Handling: 60 Watts (120 Peak)
    Speaker: 10"
    Frequency Response: 75Hz - 18kHz
    Sensitivity: 93dB
    Impedance: 8-Ohms
    Horn Type: High Freq. Driver
    Handles: Yes
    Dimensions: 19H x 12.5W x 9.5D
    Dimensions (mm): 483H x 318W x 241D
    Weight: 17.7 lbs/ 8 kg
    lmangileri Posts: 211, Reputation: 11

Aug 14, 2008, 08:21 PM
    I don't know if you could use this in a wall, you might be able to, it's been a little while since I've looked at the specifications of this but at Menards- and probably other home improvement centers there is low voltage cable that you can use for outdoor lighting. It would work for speakers too because these outdoor lighting companies also made speakers that you could use outside too, and this cable is the cable they recommended. It's black and it comes in various lengths and gauges depending on how many amps you will be running. Just go into a local home improvement center and tell them what you're doing.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2008, 08:48 PM
    50010 from here: Gotham Audio LLC ~ The exclusive American and Canadian importer for Gotham Audio Cables

PVC has good UV resistance and it's self-extringuishing.

Company is great to work with.

Aug 14, 2008, 09:12 PM
    Thanks, I'll check them out!
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2008, 11:41 AM
    I don't know the exact application, as to permanent, temporary or semi-permanent, but it might be worthwhile considering these connectors for speakers.

Speakon connector - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If it were to be semi-permanent, you could use a Nema enclosure and a threaded hub and cap at the bottom. When it's time to use it, you unscrw the cap and bring these connectors in and connect to the inside speaker wiring.

It might even work with just the chassis mount connectors pointed down and use the dust caps when not in use.

They are nice connectors.

Aug 15, 2008, 01:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid
    I don't know the exact application, as to permanent, temporary or semi-permanent, but it might be worthwhile considering these connectors for speakers.

Speakon connector - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If it were to be semi-permanent, you could use a Nema enclosure and a threaded hub and cap at the bottom. When it's time to use it, you unscrw the cap and bring these connectors in and connect to the inside speaker wiring.

It might even work with just the chassis mount connectors pointed down and use the dust caps when not in use.

They are nice connectors.
    Great Info!
    I've changed the project--too much of a hassle!

Thanks Keep!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Speaker mesh cleaning [ 1 Answers ]

Not only car speakers, but speakers in general. What do you use To clean the mesh? Dirt accumulates in the small holes.

Wall mount for cable, how do I prepare for cable line? [ 3 Answers ]

I want to move my T.V. across the room, I have a wall mount with the wire there. What do I do to the wire that is not cable prepared to look like the one that is now being used? I need step by step instructions. If anyone can help me please!! :confused: Signed single mom trying to save a few...

Speakon speaker cable adaptors [ 2 Answers ]

We have just bought a behringer mixer and speakers, with cables which have Speakon plugs at either end; however there is only one speakon socket in the mixer; the other two are for jacks. Is there a speakon to jack coupler available?

96 ranger speaker hookup [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 96 ford ranger I recently purchased and am trying to install a cd player... The speaker connector on the factory radio is one I have not seen before and cannot Determine where to hook the speakers to... some type of color coding help would be appreciated... Tks Tom r.

Speaker Static [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I was wondering if any of you knew how get rid of speaker static that happens every time I play a PC game or a sound file --but it's not coming from the speakers themselves. Any suggestions?

View more questions Search