Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2008, 01:03 PM
    You got to Love G DUB!
    Our President "Checking out" our Olympic Athletes!!
    Attached Images

speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2008, 01:49 PM
    Well now, it wasn't quite like that photo implies, but hey, he is a healthy guy isn't he? There are perks to being the president - just ask Clinton. I'm not sure Misty May-Treanor would have invited him to pat her on the butt, though :D

Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2008, 02:09 PM
    Oh I know it wasn't but it is a great Picture!! I mean seriously what man wouldn't stare with a smile I would!! My fiancée wondered why I was watching women's beach Volleyball. And My answer was the same reason you are watching swimming with Michael Phelps!!
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2008, 02:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom
    Oh I know it wasn't but it is a great Picture!!!! I mean seriously what man wouldn't stare with a smile I would!!!!
    Guilty as charged here as well. But still, these two play a great game of volleyball ;)
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2008, 03:43 PM
    Oh they can play. I stink at volleyball I'm to short
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2008, 04:07 PM
    This is what he was doing while his buddy Vladimir was directing the tanks and planes in Georgia.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Aug 14, 2008, 04:09 PM
    Our President "Checking out" our Olympic Athletes!!!!!!
    Good thing it wasn't Cheney or McCain. Both those old dogs would have had massive heart failure. :D
    Tralyn Posts: 230, Reputation: 17

Aug 14, 2008, 04:12 PM
    A man is a man president or not... I'd think him a bit strange if he wasn't catchin' at least a peek. It's not that I like the guy, don't get me wrong, but even the president deserves to be out and about relaxing now and then.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2008, 04:28 AM
    My wife observed that the Prime time coverage of the Olympics is top heavy in events that shows skin. There have been some great contests and controversies covered on some of the cable broadcasts that NBC has all but ignored in their endless coverage of swimming ,gymnastics (catering to the paedophile judging by the probable age of the Chinese gymnasts) ,and beach volleyball.
    I really did not notice until they began showing the showers that the synchronized divers were taking after every dive.
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2008, 10:00 AM
    NBC shows all the events with skin. If you have HD NBC has a station Universal HD and they show the Olympics also. So far I have watched Boxing and rowing (or is it called crew?) on that station and no girls in bikini's or Michael Phelps.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2008, 10:05 AM
    So far I have watched Boxing....
    They are boxing?? Haven't seen any.
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2008, 10:23 AM
    Yeah I've seen the boxing on CNBC . NBC is missing the boat on that .Alot of exciting matches and plenty of controversy .
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2008, 01:11 PM
    Yeah the boxing has been great. I am not a boxing Judge but the people who are scoring the points seem to have no clue what they are doing. I was watching one match and this guy from Cuba had a nice 3 punch combo and he didn't get a single point. And they were flush shots all with the white part of the glove I mean a Perfect Combo. No points awarded I don't get it.
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2008, 03:39 AM
    As usual the judging has been suspect in various events .

Swedish wrestler Ara Abrahamian vows to quit after throwing away Olympic medal - Telegraph

Meanwhile we learn that NBC is running air conditioning even in it's outdoors sets.Creating an even bigger carbon footprint in filthy Beijing.
    Not Green: NBC Beijing Olympic Set Air Conditioned -- Outdoors
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Aug 16, 2008, 04:49 AM
    Our President "Checking out" our Olympic Athletes!!!!!!
    And that is for you reason to "love G Dub"??

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2008, 11:32 PM
    I was talking to an American friend the other day about Olympic telecast and you guys seem to get a raw deal when it comes to what you see. We see everything wall to wall. There is not a sport at the Olympics that I haven't been able to watch at some stage. Unfortunately you guys don't seem to get it unless there is an American in it going for gold! Poor you! Your missing some unbelievable drama. Yes, even sailing, archery, equestrian, fencing and table tennis can be dramatic and inspiring. Especially at the Olympics! And to think they changed the swimming finals to the morning to correspond with US prime time. Very disappointing from the IOC!
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2008, 02:16 AM
    Even worse. NBC has put many of the events on pay per view and pay stations on cable broadcasts. I don't mind that they air the events where US participants are going for gold ,but I agree that more of the events should be made available. I wouldn't mind seeing some of the equestrian .
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2008, 06:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis
    And that is for you reason to "love G Dub" ???

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    Cred Sarcasm does not come over well on typed words.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Aug 18, 2008, 07:13 AM
    Cred Sarcasm does not come over well on typed words.
    But it does ! Only you have to be open for "seeing" it from an opposing perspective!!

:D
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2008, 04:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    even worse. NBC has put many of the events on pay per view and pay stations on cable broadcasts. I don't mind that they air the events where US participants are going for gold ,but I agree that more of the events should be made available. I wouldn't mind seeing some of the equestrian .
    It was held in Hong Kong this year (for quarantine reasons) and it was brilliant. The 3 day event is an Australian specialty. We got the silver this year in hard battle with the Germans. Compelling stuff. I think the US were very close to a medal. It was a remarkable effort by our team considering we had a major break out of Equine Influenza last year and their were major restrictions placed on horse movements and training capabilities.

In Australia the Olympics is huge. We love it. We love our sport. At the moment all our other sports (Rugby, Soccer etc.) take a back seat to the Olympics. It gets 90% of the coverage. This isn't really the case over there is it? We get ESPN out here and it still seem baseball and your other national sports are the key interest?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Got to love The Onion - Bush tours America [ 3 Answers ]

Bush Tours America To Survey Damage Caused By His Disastrous Presidency | The Onion - America's Finest News Source :)

I got to know now! [ 8 Answers ]

I got to know. If we vote in a Democrat, will they have the power to oust this creepy bald buzzard? Or, is he the Homeland Security Creepy Buzzard for life? He gives me nightmares. I'll vote for anyone that gets rid of this CREEP. Homeland Security Update: Chertoff Says New Laws Needed "the...

Got to love kids #2 [ 3 Answers ]

One Monday morning, a kindergarten teacher asked her students what they did over the weekend. One student told her that he'd found a cat but it was dead. "Well how do you know it was dead?" asked the teacher. "Because I pissed in his ear and he didn't move." answered the child innocently. The...

View more questions Search