Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    infinite Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2008, 11:22 AM
    Rough Idle/Miss when engine light comes on; light comes on and goes out
    Hi
    I have a 1998 Ford F150 Pickup with the V-6 engine. I am getting three codes P0174 (system too lean on bank 2), P0302 (cylinder 2 misfire), P0303 (cylinder 3 misfire). My truck has a very rough idle, but at times the engine light will go off and the truck will idle perfectly. When the light comes back on it idles rough again.

I have changed the coil pack, spark plugs, spark plug wires, fuel filter but I can't get the light to stay off and get rid of the miss in my truck.

I appreciate any help anyone can give me in advance.
    Charles
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2008, 01:34 PM
    Did you use the exact Motorcraft spark plugs that came in the truck or some cross-reference plugs? Were spark plugs gapped to specs?

Try cleaning MAF Sensor with specialized cleaner--follow directions on can exactly.
    infinite Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2008, 03:43 PM
    Yes I did clean the MAF Sensor with contact spray and changes the air filter. I also gapped the plugs to the manufacturer specifications.

I appreciate the answer though.

Thank You
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2008, 05:56 PM
    If you used contact spray the MAF Sensor was likely destroyed--it requires special MAF Sensor spray.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Check Engine Light and Oil Light Comes On On My Honda Accord 1995 [ 9 Answers ]

I have a 1995 Honda Accord and both my check engine light and oil light are coming on. The car started over heating so I checked the radiator coolant and that was fine. I also checked the oil and that was full. A few days later the oil light started coming on and now the check engine light is on. ...

Engine light comes on [ 4 Answers ]

Toyota Echo is running great. Engine light came on. Disconnected the negative battery And reset. Light stays off for three weeks. But now its on again?? When engine light comes on in cars. Does it have something to do with oil Pressure and the pump. Years ago we had oil pressure gauges on...

2001 Honda Civic Slow to Idle down;Check engine light [ 7 Answers ]

My 2001 Civic HX presented a check engine light with OBD 2 Codes P1166 and P1167. Runs normal with the exception of not idling down after acceleration or reving the engine. RPM's come down to 1200-1500 (normal running temp) for up to a second before returning to normanl RPM, approximately 750. ...

Super low rpm at idle, battery light on, needs jump [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1995 honda civic manual that drops to super low rpms whenever I depress the clutch or am in neutral (a few months ago it began oscillating in rpms when I was at a stoplight, but now, it drops to next to nothing). The battery light also comes on when the rpms drop. This has resulted in a...

Engine light help [ 3 Answers ]

2001 Ford Ranger4.0L SOHL Check engine light came on and code reads P0171 left bank lean and R0174 right bank lean. What are the possible causes of this and how can I fix this?

View more questions Search