Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CeciliaP Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2008, 08:39 AM
    Is he telling the truth?
    I am grappling with trusting after three or four episodes in which my husband flirted with others; his co-worker, neighbor, young lady at the gym and his neighbor. After hearing a cellphone conversation I wasn't supposed to hear, in which he told her everything going on his life but didn't mention me, and ended with a concern over her injured shoulder, telling her to knock on his door if she ever needs help, and reiterated that he really meant it -using her name in this last sentence. Six months have passed since that last one, and I'm still grappling. I wondered what he thought was the reason I had trouble trusting him, and here's our ensuing conversation

ME: I need to ask you something. Why do you think I am having such a hard time believing u
    HIM: partly because you were hurt in incomprehensible ways by those you trusted, and when its done by those you trust, its devastating
    ME: partly?
    HIM: no, it’s a major part. That’s why I was so hesitant to commit , knowing what u’d been through
    ME:I’m fearful..
    HIM:(interrupting) I’m sure you are, its natural after being through what u’ve been through
    ME:I’m concerned that your not taking any responsibility in this
    HIM: (interrupting) Oh, but I am. It’s like gasoline and a match. A match wouldn’t blow up a block on its own, and gasoline by itself isn’t harmful.
    ME:which one do you think you are, a match or the gasoline
    HIM: it doesn’t matter
    ME: I think in your analogy I’m the gasoline
    HIM: OK
    ME: what would a healthy partner have felt/said when she initiates convo’s with Terri and Terri only addresses you, and not your partner
    HIM: she would feel the same, but the key is to talk it through. It’s critical.
    ME: what would she say
    HIM: she would ask me not to do it again
    ME: what would she feel or say if you failed, like the cell phone conversation I wasn’t meant to hear
    HIM: she would have felt the same way as u. I realized that if a partner didn’t care she wouldn’t get upset
    ME: (interrupting) like your past relationship (ex-wife but he could’ve interpd as Dorothy)
    HIM: mm . U getting upset showed me you care, and being so upset showed me the level of how much you care, so I decided to commit at that point
    ME: (interrupting) that Terri thing was only a few months ago!
    HIM:when?
    ME: I’d say early spring… March
    HIM: I’d agree with that – six months ago
    HIM: I have to get off the phone
    ME: Ok – we’ll talk at lunch
    HIM: OK. Bye
    ME: bye

Is he telling the truth?

Cecilia
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 14, 2008, 09:14 AM
    You care, he doesn't, simple. You have trust issues, and he is part of it. If I had done half of what he does, I would have hot grits on my azz. He does what he does because, he has no consequences to pay, not even a few nights on the couch. Smug b@st@rd.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm telling the truth! [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend thinks I'm cheating on him with my ex and I'm NOT!! He says he's seen me hugging my ex and I DON'T that's why he's my ex! He doesn't trust me when I'm totally telling tha truth! What should I tell him to make him believe me because I love him A lot! AnSwErS!

5 yr. Old telling me (mom) she doesn't like me [ 17 Answers ]

Hello everyone I am looking for some help. My daughter is a very advanced 5 yr old and we get along GREAT. But for the past 3 months she has told me 4 times that she doesn't like me. And to make it worse it is when we are having a good day she hasn't even been yelled at. She just started school...

What's worst telling the truth or Molesting a child [ 29 Answers ]

Hilary's former Pastor Rev. William Procanick was convicted in Feb. of Molesting a 7 year old girl at his house and he lied under oath in court about this. So does this mean Hilary will lie under oath and molest children also? I say that because everyone thinks Obama will follow the lead of his...

Is he telling truth [ 5 Answers ]

I think my boyfriend is lying to me, he always tells me he loves me and we are going to buy a house together. He tells me he has plenty money to take on a mortgage but I think different.

Fear of the telling the truth, was abused need advice! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi! I am a mom of three in the verge of a divorce after 10 yrs, my ex was a boozer abuser and made me fear most things that I considered valuable in life like telling the truth, and communication. I know I lie and hate doing it, I don't lie to my kids, just my ex fear of him I guess. Im so scared...

View more questions Search