Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mik2007 Posts: 59, Reputation: 2

Aug 13, 2008, 11:44 PM
    I'm too shy to ask out a girl I really like.what can I do to fix this?
    I just met this girl last weekend at a party and ended up staying into the late hours watching a movie with her and some friends. Throughout the movie she sat closer to me and eventually fell asleep on my shoulder. I didn't make a move on here and felt like an idiot afterwards. A few days later she added me on Facebook and for the past two days I have been talking to her online until almost 3 in the morning. Today I went for a walk with her and then we watched a movie but again I didn't make a move. I am very shy when it comes to first meeting a girl which is weird cause I was dumped by my ex of 6 years a year ago and am completely over her but still I am shy around this girl. I think she girl is amazing and I want to make a move or ask her out and tell her how I feel but I have only known her for a few days. I am think that maybe I am scared of getting involved with someone new, but I am very shy and she seems like she likes me but I am confused about the signals. Is she talking to me everyday cause she is being friendly or does she really like me.

Her friend told me that she thinks I am cute and wants to hang out again so I am sure that means something. I just don't want to screw this up cause I really like her but too shy to do anything about it. What is the right way to approach this situation?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2008, 11:47 PM
    You don't have to "make a move" immediately. Ask her out to dinner, get to know her, and when you feel comfortable, then go for it. If you're uncomfortable doing so, then your actions will show your hesitation and it may be a badddd situation.
    flash84x Posts: 55, Reputation: 7

Aug 15, 2008, 02:31 PM
    I would certainly hold of on exchanging intimate feelings for now, seems early from the way you described it... but you definitely need to continue to show interest by flirting, touching, holding hands, etc etc... you were in a 6 year relationship so you should be able to know when a good moment is to go for a kiss... if she is laying on your shoulder while watching a movie, if there is some funny scene laugh together, then stop... look at her and make sure she notices so that she looks at you, and just go in for it, she's already comfortable around you so there is no reason you should be afraid of being rejected... once you get over the first kiss then you will be fine for others, once you have been seeing each other for a little longer you may start letting her know how good you feel around her and how sweet she is, etc...

Best of luck, sounds like you are on the right track, just keep going and don't let her get bored of you
    bummble bee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2008, 08:04 PM
    If you are really sure about this girl just straight ask her next time you're on a walk or something... Just stroll along with her and ask/ tell her how you feel and ask her if she feels the same way back. Hope this Helps.

Bummble Bee
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2008, 08:12 PM
    You need to get over yourself... and over her.

Its not the end of the world... its asking her out on a date... and you have ALL the right signals to go ahead.

One of the sexiest things in the world is confidence. You need to get over yourself and understand this one thing...

When I'm an old man I'm likely not going to be mad about the risks I took... I'm not going to be upset with the times I took a chance and fell flat on my face... the thing that will keep me up at night is the risks I walked away from... the times I let fear stop me from trying...

I KNOW its not as easy as reading my words "just do it"... but really... please... just do it.

Just because she is interested doesn't mean its going to last. But I can tell you this much... you have EVERY reason to take control here and ask her out. Do it.

If you fall on your face you'll learn maybe about what went wrong. If you don't fall on your face you'll likely have some great memories with a great girl, no matter how it plays in the long run.

Please, please , please. Step out of yourself and take a chance here.

She isn't the love of your live. She isn't your only chance. In a world of several billion people there are a lot of girls who could make you happy.

But maybe she's one of them.

Do it. Just take that risk. Long term, no matter how it plays out, you are not going to regret not making a move.

I promise this.
    inertia Posts: 308, Reputation: 60

Aug 21, 2008, 09:46 AM
    Don't go James Dean on her though. She likes you because you are a little shy. Use it to your advantage. Take her on an adventure (something you love and know). Bring her into your comfort zone. You can't fake confidence so invite her to do something you are confident about. Be natural.
    bluefire0100 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2008, 05:34 AM
    Just keep going out with her like e.g movies well that is kind of going out but just not saying that your going out
    Then when you are comfortable enough , then say 'do you want to go out with me'.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I'm a girl and I like my best friend.who's a girl [ 18 Answers ]

Hi... I know there's lots of issues surrounding bisexual people and everything but I like girls and guys. I can't help it it's who I am. I have a boyfriend and everything between me and him are awesome, he gave me a promise ring and everything. But I'm attracted to my boyfriend... tia. She's...

Is it legal for a 24 year old girl to date a 17 year old girl? [ 13 Answers ]

Is it legal for a 24 year old girl to date a 17 year old girl in Michigan?

The girl of my dreams turn into the girl of my nightmare [ 6 Answers ]

We where going out for 5 years and it was great the first 2 years. We seen each other everyday and we love every minute of it. Then her mom found we were going out and try to make it bad for both of us. Then her mom put her in jail for stealing a key chain and running away from home when her mom...

My girl [ 4 Answers ]

My girl aged 11 was raped by her father.we are both traumatised and don't know where or who to turn to legaly.will these affect her in her future life or her learning?please helpme

View more questions Search