Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ted4860 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2008, 11:17 PM
    Reset door hinge tension?
    I have recently moved into my home and discovered the door going into the garage has self closing hinges. I need to know the procedure of how to reset the tension allowing the hinges to close the door?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 13, 2008, 11:52 PM
    Assuming you are speaking of spring loaded butt hinges. You use an allen wrench inserted in the top or the barrel. Turn clock wise to tighten. Press down to release the tension.
    JYVONNE Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2008, 07:21 PM
    Comment on hkstroud's post
    I tried it and it works.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Keyless Entry Garage Door Reset? [ 15 Answers ]

When we bought the house 4 yrs ago, the previous owners gave us 4 different codes (she couldn't remember the code) for our Craftsman wall mounted keyless entry garage door opener which is mounted outside the garage door. None of the codes she gave us ever worked, so we never bothered with it. Now...

Door hinge rotten wood area [ 2 Answers ]

My door hinge that attached to the jamb will take a screw, because the wood has Rotted in the jamb. I know I could relocate the hinge to another part of the door. I would have to mortise. Another option is to fill in the decaying wood with wood Dough so the screw would have a better...

Removing a self closing door hinge [ 2 Answers ]

I want to temporarily remove a self-closing door hinge (to install a dog door). Is there an easy way to do this without removing one half of the hinge from the door or jam (like removing the pins on standard hinges)? There are a couple of allen screws in the unit (one on top, one on the bottom of...

Keyless Entry Garage Door Reset [ 1 Answers ]

I have somehow scrambled my keyless entry garage entry code. How do I reset it?

Garage door opener keyless entry reset [ 1 Answers ]

How do I reset the keyless entry password on my garage door opener? It's a craftsman 1/3hp, model # 139.23325SRT.

View more questions Search