Ask
    angel0772001 Posts: 233, Reputation: 7

Aug 13, 2008, 11:41 PM
    I had an iud and I got it taken out in June
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2008, 11:45 PM
    Ah, OK.

A relatively common side effect of coming off because is tightness...

If you were currently on mirena or any type of iud that secretes a hormone (mirena secretes progesterone) then your body will take time to adjust its hormone levels, and may make sexual arousal (in your case, dilation) harder.

Aug 13, 2008, 11:47 PM
    Hmmm you are a smart one thanks
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2008, 11:52 PM
    Why do you say that, I Sneeze? Tightness is not listed as a known side effect of Mirena, and drug because pretty much list everything anyone has ever reported as far as I know. Mirena Official FDA information, side effects and uses.

Adverse Reactions
    The most serious adverse reactions associated with the use of Mirena are discussed above in the WARNINGS and PRECAUTIONS sections. Very common adverse reactions (>1/10) include uterine/vaginal bleeding (including spotting, irregular bleeding, heavy bleeding, oligomenorrhea and amenorrhea) and ovarian cysts. Other adverse events are listed below using MedDRA (9.0) terms. Adverse reactions reported by 5% or more subjects include:
    Abdominal/pelvic pain
    Vaginal discharge
    Nausea
    Headache
    Nervousness
    Vulvovaginitis
    Dysmenorrhea
    Back pain
    Weight increase
    Breast pain/tenderness
    Acne
    Decreased libido
    Depressed mood
    Cervicitis/Papanicolaou smear normal, class II
    Hypertension

Other relevant reported adverse reactions occurring in less than 5% of subjects include:
    Migraine
    Vomiting
    Anemia
    Dyspareunia
    Alopecia
    Eczema
    Pruritis
    Rash
    Urticaria
    Abdominal distension
    Altered mood
    Hirsutism
    Edema

Aug 13, 2008, 11:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by asking
    Why do you say that, I Sneeze? Tightness is not listed as a known side effect of Mirena, and drug cos pretty much list everything anyone has ever reported as far as I know. Mirena Official FDA information, side effects and uses.
    Not even after you get off birthcontrol
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Aug 13, 2008, 11:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by asking
    Why do you say that, I Sneeze? Tightness is not listed as a known side effect of Mirena, and drug cos pretty much list everything anyone has ever reported as far as I know. Mirena Official FDA information, side effects and uses.
    Actually if you look on the list you will see dyspareunia. This includes painful incourse, endometrosis, amongst other conditions. Here is a great link for this: Pelvic Pain and The Uterus - Symptoms, Causes and Treatment Options

Aug 13, 2008, 11:59 PM
    Man I just don't know now
    Vision Expert

Aug 14, 2008, 12:00 AM
    Click on the link I provided, read symptoms and such. Have you discussed this issue with your doctor?

Aug 14, 2008, 12:02 AM
    Not really I got to the dr on the 22nd
    Vision Expert

Aug 14, 2008, 12:03 AM
    Make sure to discuss this with your doctor.

Aug 14, 2008, 12:04 AM
    Of course
    Vision Expert

Aug 14, 2008, 12:08 AM
    Keep us updated!
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2008, 12:21 AM
    But Angel doesn't have painful intercourse. Her husband does. (And he didn't use the iud/bc :)). I'm not trying to be flip. But this just doesn't add up for me. Vaginismus sounds possible, and there are websites devoted to that, but it also seems possible that he's having problems, especially as he's the one experiencing pain. Angel can check discretely next time they try to see how hard he is. If that's not the problem, it'll be easy to tell.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2008, 06:41 AM
    I say this because I've seen patients walking into clinics that have just come off the pill (in my case, it's usually the pill) and have been complaining about tightness. It's a wee bit of a stretch, but it's the best I can come up with.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2008, 12:35 PM
    Are you storing anything up in your vagina?? Like your wallet, or a can of green beans?

Anyway, sounds like your boyfriend is messing with your mind. :)

Have a good week,
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2008, 02:12 PM
    Hi Angel,

I seem to recall reading something about this, actually I think it was in my Doctors surgery in one of there mags... problem page, anyway this couple had the same problem,and it turn out to be muscle spasms making the vagina totally tighten up, the patient was given meds to help her relax, the trouble being the more she worried the tighter it became.

I would go and see your GP see if there is something that can be done to help, you may get referred to a Gynecologist.

Hope you sort it out soon.
    michealb Posts: 484, Reputation: 129

Aug 14, 2008, 02:21 PM
    Speaking from a guy point of view. I don't think it's possible for it to be so tight that it hurts, if there is nothing wrong with the guy. I know it possible to squeeze as hard as you want with your hands and it's still not painful. I would think if it's any tighter than that and he would have entry problems more than anything else.

Aug 14, 2008, 03:04 PM
    It is harder than hell for him to get in it takes him a good few minutes to get in.
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2008, 04:59 PM
    I'm assuming you've tried a variety of positions and it's the same no matter what?
    Sunnywootxp Posts: 103, Reputation: -2

Aug 14, 2008, 05:21 PM
    Well I agree with michealb its impossible to be too tight it hurts , isn't it the tighter the better?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Money is tight [ 5 Answers ]

OK I don't know what to do. I am getting married on January 5th and I'm worried that we may not have everything in time. We are just now getting a place and that took a lot of money. We still have to get the food and cake and his suit. Do you have any tips on how to keep the cost as low as...

Tight foreskin [ 1 Answers ]

I am 25 yrs old and having sex on the reg. My girlfriend made me aware of my tight fore skin which is now playing on my mind. I have never experienced pain while having sex. Now I'm thinking am I normally. When having sex my foreskin pulls back slightly but then it give off a slight pain...

Air-Tight? [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know what is the lightest air-tight material or combination of materials?

View more questions Search