Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mnewsome3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2008, 09:26 PM
    Outside air conditioner unit will not come on
    Hi everyone I am new to the site and love it so far.I have a problem with my outside a/c unit.Inside furnace kicks on but the outside unit (fan and compressor)will not come on.I removed electrical panel and noticed that I could manually start the unit by pressing a button on the contactor with a screwdriver,Once this is done both fan and compressor come on and blows cols air.Also every now and then unit will come on and run fine but will outside unit will not shut off even if t stat is set to auto.Any help will be greatly appreciated.I live in Texas AND IT WAS 107 TODAY.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Aug 14, 2008, 01:50 AM
    It could be the contactor sticking in the outside unit. This item is controlled by a 24 volt signal from the thermostat to turn off and on. I would check this part first then post back. I believe it is the part you pushed on to make your unit work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Central Air Conditioner Unit does not work [ 10 Answers ]

I'll try to keep this as short as possible but I've been fighting the problem for over a month now and it's getting a tad warm here in Las Vegas. My problem is very similar to MSdavid's. I had a similar problem last July and the A/C repair guy replaced the run capacitor which resolved the...

Mold in air conditioner unit [ 1 Answers ]

I am not sure I do have mold and mildew in my air conditioner unit but I need to know the syntoms when you have mold in your air conditioner unit. Please let me know. Thank you!:confused:

I have a miller air conditioner unit [ 1 Answers ]

I have a outside unit,it is blowing hot air into home threw vent but if I put the cool on its doing nothing there is no cold air coming out of my vents, the fan on the top of the unit is running when I turn it on, so I was wondering if this is something simple to take care of, for the reason its...

Smell in air conditioner unit [ 2 Answers ]

I have a odd - stale - odor coming from my vents when we turn on our airconditioner. I have changed the filters and it doesn't seem to help. Any suggestions? Could it be coming from condenser outside?

Central air conditioner unit outside problems [ 7 Answers ]

At the end of the season last year we noticed in the central air conditioning unit outside that there was a clicking noise and then smelled like something burning. I am worried about this and what it may be? Cost wise? And going to have to do something since the hot weather will be here very soon....

View more questions Search