Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    everlastingman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2008, 09:03 PM
    How to deal with the confusion of a "break"
    Hi everyone,

I'm a newb here and I have a question concerning a relationship/friendship I'm in. I recently broke off a long term relationship (5 yrs) and found myself extremely attracted to one of my close friends. It wasn't really intentional on either party's side that this attraction/relationship was going to develop between me and the new girl (not my ex). However, we had an incredible friendship that developed into a romantic relationship. This occurred about a month after my long term relationship had ended.

Over the past few months we both decided that we shouldn't speak to each other over the summer, it's been a while now with no contact and I've done what the forums here have said (changed for the better, rediscovered who I am etc... which has included becoming sharp spiritually, mentally and physically). However, with the start of school coming up I'm going to be seeing this girl again and I'm not sure if I should contact her before she comes back for school or if I should just "run" into her. I would love to be with her but I know just because I want to be with her does not mean the inverse.

Am I rushing things?

Should I just wait for the day I see her?

Sincerely,
    Everlasting Man
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 14, 2008, 09:41 AM
    Am I rushing things?
    Yes. How long have you been broken up? If she knows your history, what makes you think she wants to be a rebound after a long relationship, just because all of a sudden YOUR attracted????

If she has any common sense, she will let you down gently, or be insulted. Give her the benefit of the common sense and takes some more time for yourself, if you value her friendship.
    HighandDryinnNy Posts: 84, Reputation: 17

Aug 14, 2008, 10:08 AM
    She was your rebound
    They never work out
    You needed someone to remind you that you still got it, close friends usually fill that gap
    You kind of messed up your friendship by hooking up, she probably feels the same
    My advice is to enjoy school, if you bump into her say hi and keep it moving
    She will let you know where she stands by contacting you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to deal with "mixed messages" [ 17 Answers ]

I have been getting some "jump though hoop" types BS from Cali girl. She told me "she is not ready for a realaionship" and Im fine with that, but now Im getting the "I miss you" and "Im thinking about you" texts from her... not sure what to think about that. Is the trying to keep me on a leash, or...

New "relationship" - Confusion! [ 8 Answers ]

Just got back in to the dating scene after a 4 year relationship and I really don't know how to do this. How long should he be chasing me? And how long until I should be making the initiatives with dates, calling, etc. I don't want to be to pushy. So, I started seeing this guy about 6 weeks...

"what's the big deal?" about using the words "pimped out" in reference to Chelsea? [ 11 Answers ]

Some people don’t seem to think it is a big deal. Clinton Calls Shuster Comment Part of 'Troubling Pattern' | The Trail | washingtonpost.com

View more questions Search