ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2008, 03:45 PM
    Buh... itz aiiiite. Don dink it b mynnn
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2008, 03:59 PM
    SLOWLLLY becoming my pet peeve...

People from other countries that keep posting call the police and get them involved whenever we have pointed out (even within the post) that the police do not get involved in such matters.
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2008, 04:00 PM
    ... hahahahahahhahaha
    Hahahhahahahahahahah

It's funny because i just read that.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 16, 2008, 04:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny
    buh...itz aiiiite. don dink it b mynnn
    Buh youz sleeped wiv er wite?
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2008, 04:09 PM
    Onleee onn da weakdayz. I b with dem odder hoes on da weakens.

... it's... really difficult to type that. REALLY.. . how do they do it?
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 16, 2008, 04:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    SLOWLLLY becoming my pet peeve......

people from other countries that keep posting call the police and get them involved whenever we have pointed out (even within the post) that the police do not get involved in such matters.
    Ahhhh, yes NH!

First peeve:... My Puter when it crashes and I'm in the middle of doing something!

Second peeve: (and not necessarily in this order) The cops not responding, when you call them in the middle of the night, because they think you are only being a pain, and tell you that you don't have any proof that your ex is stalking you, and calling at 4am, and then you find out your vehicle is ripped apart the next morning!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2008, 04:20 PM
    Yeah don't you hate it when you just typed out a long page and hit the submit button and crash you lose everything. I panick until I see the foxfire button say do you want to restore session :D
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 16, 2008, 04:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny
    onleee onn da weakdayz. I b wid dem odder hoes on da weakens.

...it's...really difficult to type that. REALLY. ...how do they do it?
    Da weakens? Isn't that whin you wer at ma huose? I'z tinks I'z mite be having you babyz! I'z mite be you babyz muma! :eek:

It is hard to write that... LOL!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 16, 2008, 04:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    Yeah don't you hate it when you just typed out a long page and hit the submit button and crash you lose everything. I panick until I see the foxfire button say do you want to restore session :D
    Oh mine just loses everything period! :mad: I've given someone advice, and put a lot of thought into it, and also had another program that I was working on earlier, that I hadn't saved yet... and CRASH!!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 16, 2008, 05:39 PM
    People who mow their lawns at 6am, and blast their music at the same time!. on a Saturday morning... and yes... I'm talking about this morning! But this has not been the only morning! ;)

Flies and mosquito's in my house!

When the city keeps on changing the days for garbage pick-up!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 16, 2008, 06:08 PM
    Flies, oh yes, flies, I hate those nasty little buggers. Arrrr, where's my rolled up newspaper?

Hee, hee, Starby and Sneezy, you two are crazy, love it! :)
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Aug 16, 2008, 08:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg
    Flies, oh yes, flies, I hate those nasty little buggers. Arrrr, where's my rolled up newspaper?
    Hmmmm : you are oldfashioned !
    In 2008 we use a type of tennis racket with electrified meshwire that fries them !

:p

·
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 16, 2008, 08:21 PM
    Alty has one of those electrified thingys! She can't seem to get them, and when she does, she says her house just smells like burnt flies! HA!

I believe the flies have chosen my house as their final resting place! I have a fly cemetery! #*#& I am going to start to charge admission dammitt!

::secret weapon... wasp spray!:: Gets them every time! But it gets the ones you didn't even know about too, and you find them in all sorts of places.
    Pets Expert

Aug 16, 2008, 09:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis
    Hmmmm : you are oldfashioned !
    In 2008 we use a type of tennis racket with electrified meshwire that fries them !

:p

·
    Bad thing about the electric one, you have to be really precise in order to get those little buggers, and it doesn't really kill them, it just shocks them and then you have to deliver the final blow. ;)

Also the smell, yuck, burnt fly is not a pleasant odor. ;)

It is fun to zap fruit flies though, they spark. :)

I still prefer the old $1.00 plastic fly swatter, even though you have to be careful where you aim when smacking them, I've lost a few treasures using one of those contraptions.
    Pets Expert

Aug 16, 2008, 09:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck8
    Alty has one of those electrified thingys! She can't seem to get em, and when she does, she says her house just smells like burnt flies! HA!

I believe the flies have chosen my house as their final resting place! I have a fly cemetery! #*#& I am going to start to charge admission dammitt!

::secret weapon.............wasp spray!:: Gets em everytime! But it gets the ones you didn't even know about too, and you find them in all sorts of places.
    Starby, I told you, I can't use the wasp spray, I have pets, and kids. I'm sure the dogs would be fine, but the bunnies, I'm not so sure. ;)

Sooner or later I will get all those nasty little flies, yes I will, I will declare war on them, or give them an eviction notice! ;)
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 16, 2008, 09:26 PM
    Have I mentioned the moths? Every time I open my door, 600 fly in! I've already seen Maple Bugs already! It's not even close to cooling off. It was over 40 (100) degrees here yesterday, and got pretty close again today!

Another pet peeve. People that walk by your house, and stop on the sidewalk near your door, and crank their neck to look inside to try and see what your house looks like inside, and what you're doing, and while they are doing that, their dog is sh*tting on your lawn!
    Pets Expert

Aug 16, 2008, 09:52 PM
    Starby, you need water balloons, yup, they work every time. ;) Or, you could simply go outside with a bag go up to the guy, introduce yourself and then hand him the bag and nicely say, "Oh, this is for your dogs crap".

Another pet peeve of mine, neighbors who let their dog poo on your yard because they don't want to wreck their yard. My solution, pick up the poo, put it in a bag, bring it to the neighbor and say "you left this at my place." Of course I only do this if I actually see the neighbors dog poo on my yard.

Flies, okay they are quickly becoming my biggest pet peeve. Shoo fly don't bother me, shoo fly don't bother me, shoo fly don't bother me... Argh! I'm okay, really. :);)
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 16, 2008, 11:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg
    Starby, you need water balloons, yup, they work every time. ;) Or, you could simply go outside with a bag go up to the guy, introduce yourself and then hand him the bag and nicely say, "Oh, this is for your dogs crap".

Another pet peeve of mine, neighbors who let their dog poo on your yard because they don't want to wreck their yard. My solution, pick up the poo, put it in a bag, bring it to the neighbor and say "you left this at my place." Of course I only do this if I actually see the neighbors dog poo on my yard.

Flies, okay they are quickly becoming my biggest pet peeve. Shoo fly don't bother me, shoo fly don't bother me, shoo fly don't bother me................ Argh! I'm okay, really. :);)
    Can I use my shovel that I use to pick up Niki's poop, and go out and just hit the guy over the head with it? Or can I just put the poop on his doorstep in a paper bag, and set it on fire, and then blame it on the other neighbor? :p :p
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2008, 05:51 AM
    Ahhhh another one...

When you bring your elderly love one to the ER... get a bed... ahhh, YES finally the doctor appears...

Hi, I'm Doctor So and So... the doctor looks out your elderly love one and IMMEDIALTELY starts talking so loud the hospital in the next county can hear him...

And the Doctor begins... loudly asking WHO... IS... THE... PRESIDENT... WHAAAAT YEAR ISSSSS IT..

Psssst Doc - Thanks bundles for the Q & A, but when you are through, could you take a minute and look at his foot that his bleeding, as he accidentally stepped on glass, that's kind of why we brought him here. I'm sure he won't mind answering your questions... once you stop the bleeding :):)!!
    cottoncandy Posts: 29, Reputation: 0

Aug 17, 2008, 01:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck8
    Ahhhh, yes NH!!

First peeve:................My Puter when it crashes and I'm in the middle of doing something!

Second peeve: (and not necessarily in this order) The cops not responding, when you call them in the middle of the night, because they think you are only being a pain, and tell you that you don't have any proof that your ex is stalking you, and calling at 4am, and then you find out your vehicle is ripped apart the next morning!
    This is so much more than I ever wanted or needed to know, but thanks for sharing.:eek:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What does "Pet Peeve" means? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm learning English and would like to know what this expression actually means? Thank you! :)

View more questions Search