Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2008, 08:27 AM
    Or you type the number in without the spaces and discover it wants all the hyphens and you have to go back and put them all in!
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2008, 09:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen
    Sniffing.

Use a kleenex or a handkerchief, but stop swallowing your own snot where I can hear you.
    This cracked me up beyond description. Holy crap.

Man... can I have two quotes by syn in my sig? Is that a crush?

I might have even spit on my screen while laughing. Is that wrong? Its body fluid, but not snot gargling.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Aug 15, 2008, 09:13 AM
    Honey, if you don't know it's a crush by now, you're never going to ;)
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2008, 09:36 AM
    Peeves o' mine.

Well, I'm a hot tempered irish guy so most of the world pi$$es me off much of the time.

After someone else does something wrong or bad, people who say to you "i'm sorry" in the tone of "i'm really sorry you are an a$$hole" or "i'm really sorry you caught me" ticks me off. A snotty tone and rolling eyes doesn't complete an apology.

People who stand in line for ten minutes at the checkout lane and then, only after all 83 items are scanned, they begin searching for some possible means of payment. As if paying was a surprise. Get out the rubbles early instead of browsing the check-out lane sleeze mags.

15 or 65 year old clerks who, after scanning all my groceries, ask for my ID for the vino or beer only after... and its always, like 3 seconds after... I put my wallet away. Seriously... ask me during the minute I'm in front of you with my wallet out. It was fun when I was 21... 23... after that, its boring. I have a kid in college, a kid in preschool, a mortgage, and a ten year marriage... YOU should buy me a drink!

Toilet paper dispensers in public places that are too low, too far away, too empty, or so tight you can only get 3/8th of a sheet with any pull. I don't like using the public bathroom to begin with. Can we at least agree that my being able to clean my delicate arse is in the best interest of all of humanity? A chaffed irish jerk is of no use to anyone.

People who write out their life story here and never, ever use the return key. Sure... I think its fine to ignore caps and other rules of writing... but really. Space it out.

16 year olds who think they know enough to post in adult sexuality on AMHD.

I can tolerate chat speak A LOT more than people who use "uhm" or "like" all the time. "so we, like, went to his house, and i was like "no way" and he was like "why not"... you might as well just pluck nose hairs out with dull tweezers. Don't know if dull is worse, just sounds, uhm, like, worser.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2008, 10:54 PM
    -When I make dinner and no one eats it... are they trying to tell me something.. hmmm
    -When a person claims someone else's artwork as their own.
    All art is beautiful, You can't go wrong with art, so why not come up with their own stuff... baffeling to me.
    -When I can't think of all my pet peeves:p
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 15, 2008, 11:25 PM
    KP, I'm laughing so hard I think I peed my pants, and peeing my pants is a personal pet peeve of mine. :(;)

AKaeTrue, I hate that too.

I actually do oil painting and charcoal, I also do woodworking. My friend tried to open a business selling tables and such, he has a website. I kept asking what his website address was so I could look at it, he'd never tell me. Finally I found it, only to find that out of the 3 pictures he posted as his work, 2 of them were actually my work. I still can't believe it.

He also asked me to give him one of my pieces as he was short a Christmas present for a family member one year. He tried to pass it off as his, but ha, ha, the joke was on him, I burned my name and the date in the back. :)
    Tralyn Posts: 230, Reputation: 17

Aug 16, 2008, 12:01 AM
    Okay, ALTENWEG I LOVE YOUR POST.. and everyone.. GREAT Peeves...

LOL.. have laughed too many times here already.

Okay,

*The person who drives down the road forever and ever and leaves their blinker on (even worse, the very few times that person ends up being me)

*When people just show up at your place uninvited (especially when they get upset if you are busy or not receptive at that time)

*When someone knows you have something important in your day or what have you and when you see them they go on forever venting about their day and then just walk away.. it's like, THANKS FOR FRICKEN ASKING

*When people try to force their opinions on you - sharing isn't enough - force and be pushy... ARGH

*When you really need a hug and nobody senses that
    Pets Expert

Aug 16, 2008, 12:04 AM
    Tralyn, do you need a hug? ;)
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2008, 12:15 AM
    Paper towel dispensers that are high up, so that water has dripped into your sleeve before you can get hold of one.

I really hate those computer phone-screening-directionals... "If you are stupid, press 3, if this anal retentive machine is pissing you off, press 4, to talk to another computer voice, just say agent..."

People who spit and think that they are cool. Sorry Synnen, I'd rather they swallowed it than spit by my feet.

People who roll their eyes because they "know more than you."

Clerks who speak 90-miles-an-hour with a bad accent.
    Expert

Aug 16, 2008, 12:23 AM
    Oh, I don't care if they swallow it. I just want them to not vacuum it up through their nose in the first place. I carry Kleenex everywhere and hand it to people, and say "Here--I'm sure you don't want to have all that snot ruining your appetite like you're ruining mine".

New pet peeve to list for me: People who respond to thread that are a YEAR and a half old, and then argue that they're justified in posting because the OP was a bad person---and the OP hasn't been back in that time.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2008, 02:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tralyn
    Okay, ALTENWEG I LOVE YOUR POST.. and everyone.. GREAT Peeves...

LOL.. have laughed too many times here already.

Okay,

*The person who drives down the road forever and ever and leaves their blinker on (even worse, the very few times that person ends up being me)

*When people just show up at your place uninvited (especially when they get upset if you are busy or not receptive at that time)

*When someone knows you have something important in your day or what have you and when you see them they go on forever venting about their day and then just walk away.. it's like, THANKS FOR FRICKEN ASKING

*When people try to force their opinions on you - sharing isn't enough - force and be pushy... ARGH

*When you really need a hug and nobody senses that
    Big major hug for you Trayln :)

Ahhhh I have another one - When you have to use the ladies so room... rush in... ahh yippee there's a stool open, thinking today is my lucky day, releif at last... AND THEN WHEN IT'S TOOOOO LATE... you realize THERE'S NO TOILET PAPER..!
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2008, 06:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg
    KP, I'm laughing so hard I think I peed my pants, and peeing my pants is a personal pet peeve of mine. :(;)
    I think I've got another quote to insert in my sig line
    Pets Expert

Aug 16, 2008, 09:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kp2171
    i think ive got another quote to insert in my sig line

:eek: :D
    Expert

Aug 16, 2008, 10:07 AM
    Woohoo! It IS a crush!

Aug 16, 2008, 03:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg
    Tralyn, do you need a hug? ;)
    LOL.. maybe I do! : )

Aug 16, 2008, 03:03 PM
    ... People who suck in their snot... heavily suck in their snot and then swallow. I literally gag.

*Farmer Blows - ICK!

*When people put koolaid or juice back in the fridge and there isn't even an 1/8th of an inch left at the bottom of the pitcher

*When the toilet paper roll doesn't get changed

I agree with the rolling the eyes one too.. drives me crazy
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 16, 2008, 03:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Allheart
    Big major hug for you Trayln :)

Ahhhh I have another one - When you have to use the ladies so room....rush in...ahh yippee there's a stool open, thinking today is my lucky day, releif at last....AND THEN WHEN IT'S TOOOOO LATE.... you realize THERE'S NO TOILET PAPER......!!!!!!
    So true dear Allheart, so true! ;)

I've got so many pet peaves! Where do I start?

Oh, when I don't get to talk to dear Allheart as often as I would like! Hee hee! ;) :p :D
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 16, 2008, 03:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kp2171

i can tolerate chat speak A LOT more than people who use "uhm" or "like" all the time. "so we, like, went to his house, and i was like "no way" and he was like "why not"... you might as well just pluck nose hairs out with dull tweezers. dont know if dull is worse, just sounds, uhm, like, worser.
    Like uhm... I so don't unnerstand... like uhm why would... like uhm sum guy want to use... like uhm dull tweezers? :rolleyes: :p
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2008, 03:35 PM
    Buh.. buh buh... I gotz mah girl pregs...
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 16, 2008, 03:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny
    buh..buh buh...I gotz mah gurl pregs....
    Again?. what are we going to do with you?? :p

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What does "Pet Peeve" means? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm learning English and would like to know what this expression actually means? Thank you! :)

View more questions Search