Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2008, 10:42 AM

KBC, when people don't return your calls, do what I do when the last time I thought someone broke in my apartment.

Call 1: "Sir, stay outside. Wait for the police."

30 min wait

Call 2: "Sir, they are responding to other more urgent calls. Please wait."

15 min wait.

Call 3: Yeah, don't worry about the cops. I shot him myself.

2 min wait. 6 cops show up.

Just call the doc and leave him a message that you're taking a hack saw to your knee by yourself.

Alty, I heard you guys just discovered the number 0. Must be the new fascinating feature of your day. Plus, it definitely overshadows the whole "wheel" discovery last week.

Starby, I hate those people who text while knee-driving. They should AT LEAST have the skills to text with one hand, shave with the other, while holding a cup of scalding coffee with their lips, while driving a manual vehicle... like me.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2008, 11:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny View Post

Call 3: Yeah, don't worry about the cops. I shot him myself.

2 min wait. 6 cops show up.

Just call the doc and leave him a msg that you're taking a hack saw to your knee by yourself.
    That just might do the trick!:D

Good advice,wish I could give you a greenie for it!;)
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2008, 12:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck8 View Post
    I'm a little worried about Niki. I had company lastnite, and Niki was having a great time playing with them. Then later on, Niki put her paws up on one of my guests leg. She looked at me and said, why is she quivering like that? I called Nik to see what was going on, and her body was doing this kind of quivering, shivering thing.

It was nice and warm inside, and she hadn't been out in awhile, and didn't want to go out. You could visibly see her shaking. It was like, she would quiver for several seconds, and then it would stop for a few, and then started again. Then after a while, she seemed fine again, and was back to playing.

So I just forgot about it, but when we got up this morning, she was doing it again! I don't know why she is doing it. It's weird. I hope there is nothing wrong. Any idea's Alty?

Did something frighten her? My Lab used to quiver/shiver if something scared him - often it was the wind.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 21, 2008, 12:48 PM

Hi Judy! No that's the strange thing. She was just fine and jumping around, and playing ball. She knows my friends quite well, because they take her on walks, and of course anyone that walks her is her best friend, lol. so she wasn't afraid of them at all. Niki isn't a nervous dog and really isn't scared of much. It wouldn't have bothered me if she hadn't have done it again yesterday. She seems okay so far today. I'm just wondering what in the world it could have been. Maybe muscle spasms?

OH, and she just hasn't seemed like herself really since then either.
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2008, 12:53 PM
    Hi Judy! No that's the strange thing. She was just fine and jumping around, and playing ball. She knows my friends quite well, because they take her on walks, and of course anyone that walks her is her best friend, lol., so she wasn't afraid of them at all. Niki isn't a nervous dog and really isn't scared of much. It wouldn't have bothered me if she hadn't have done it again yesterday. She seems okay so far today. I'm just wondering what in the world it could have been. Maybe muscle spasms?

OH, and she just hasn't seemed like herself really since then either.

I don't think full body muscle spasms - maybe she's feverish?
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2008, 12:56 PM

My dog ended up with seizures and had them for years,age had a lot to do with it.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 21, 2008, 12:58 PM

She did feel a little bit warm, but I figured that was because she was running around so much, being hyper. I'll just have to keep an eye on her I guess. She seems to be eating and drinking okay. She's not the kind of dog that gets into things and eats them either, so it's not anything she's digested. Not like the person who just came onto the pet forum, and her only worry was that her dog was not drinking, after he ate NAILS! Geeeezzz, some people!!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 21, 2008, 12:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    My dog ended up with seizures and had them for years,age had a lot to do with it.
    Well Niki went into convulsions after she was attacked, and then again after she was sprayed in the face by a skunk. Niki's only 5. She was just diagnosed with a thyroid condition though.
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2008, 01:02 PM
    She did feel a little bit warm, but I figured that was because she was running around so much, being hyper. I'll just have to keep an eye on her I guess. She seems to be eating and drinking okay. She's not the kind of dog that gets into things and eats them either, so it's not anything she's digested. Not like the person who just came onto the pet forum, and her only worry was that her dog was not drinking, after he ate NAILS!! Geeeezzz, some people!!!

I had a dog that seizured but it was full blown seizures, not shivering/shaking. She was confused afterward.

Maybe she's all excited about Santa showing up shortly. Or maybe - who knows why dogs do these things? I swear it's to make the owners have mini-breakdowns.

My bigger German Shepherd has now decided it's a good idea to pace around every night at bedtime. We "all" go to bed, she gets up and stalks around the house, panting. After about 30 minutes she comes back to bed. I have no idea what started this - she's as big as a house, afraid of nothing and 4 years old and this is a new thing.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 21, 2008, 01:09 PM

Yeah, Niki has started this thing where she will stand and stare at me from the kitchen, which would normally mean she wants to go out. She'll wait for me to get all of the way to the door as she follows me. I open the door, and I swear she gives me this look... like HA HA fooled you!. and she walks back to the living room. I guess she's making up her own games now just to tick me off, lol.

So I also thought that maybe this shaking thing, was to get attention? I don't know. Dogs can be funny. I also think she might be a little bored because it's been so cold out, that I can't leave her outside for long... and I can't play with her all day long either.
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2008, 02:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    Oh girly girls???

Anyone want to add to this young mans thread?

He is 15,getting past a 'violent' time in his life and is now dating a new girl.I told him I would ask for a females opinion.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/teens/...th-291789.html

Has anybody read anything else "No name" has posted - his language, calling people bitc*es, bragging about his false proof - his slurs about a specific religion have already been pulled today.

I don't think his volent past is over. The moderators will probably get there before I get back there. He seems to think this is Myspace.

If someone can control him maybe this is a good time to start before this 15 year old terrorizes the board and gets himself suspended. Any advice I have for him would get ME suspended!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 21, 2008, 02:43 PM

I started to read some of what he has written, and yeah, I declined to answer because of his nasty mouth. I'll see if I can take a look at his other posts, but I don't think it's looking good! I'd probably get suspended right next to you Judy... LOL!
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2008, 03:54 PM

Well,after all the time and effort I have spent with this young man,it really surprises me that this is the first the moderators have been appraised of his 'potty mouth'.

I can't even wonder who might have expressed their concern for the wording,much less considered this inappropriate for his needs to be concerned.

If someone can help a young man and get him to open up to the extent he has over the past few weeks and then pull the rug out from under him is abandoning him to a fate they should suffer.

Too bad the help side of this site is so closed to the needs of others where they have to sacrifice a few for their wants,so far there has been no negative responses to this thread and as soon as I advertise the thread it gets pulled.

I guess I shouldn't be all that surprised.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 22, 2008, 07:52 AM

Well Eileen1218, I just went and looked at one of your answers. Just your very latest. You gave incorrect information, that could have been detrimental to the OP. If you saw my answer right after yours as trying to outdue yours, well then yes you are right! I gave the correct information, so the OP's dog would not get pregnant until he was able to have her spayed after New Yrs. Now if you see that as a joke, I would suggest you join another site where people give incorrect advice!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 22, 2008, 08:06 AM

Newest pet peeve. When Niki has to go out to pee, and my door is frozen shut! She can't hold it, so she pees on the floor, and then goes hiding in the corner and won't come out, because she thinks she is in trouble! She has never peed in the house, and she just looked at me with horror in her big brown eyes.

Poor baby! :(
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2008, 08:14 AM
    Newest pet peeve. When Niki has to go out to pee, and my door is frozen shut! She can't hold it, so she pees on the floor, and then goes hiding in the corner and won't come out, because she thinks she is in trouble! She has never peed in the house, and she just looked at me with horror in her big brown eyes.

Poor baby!! :(

I just had this happen with french doors! They were frozen shut. My yard is fenced and so I thought I'd cut through the garage and let them out that way (they aren't allowed in the unfenced front yard). The side load garage door was frozen shut. So there I stood in the family room, hair dryer in hand, "defrosting" the french doors! My poor dog who is on steroids because of her skin rash simply couldn't wait and was mortified.

In the middle of this my cousin called. She pressed her garage door "open" button, there was a great deal of noise and the door, which was frozen to the ground, pulled off the track. She's currently trapped in her house.

'Tis the season -

(How is Niki doing with the shivering?)
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2008, 08:22 AM

... atlanta is 67 degrees fahrenheit.. . people are still wearing shorts and t-shirts.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 22, 2008, 08:23 AM

Well I guess I'm not alone in being trapped in my house then! I just checked my front door and it's frozen too! I guess I'll have to get out my blow dryer too! I hope your cousin doesn't stay trapped! Geez, this weather hey?

I haven't seen her shaking like that since, so who knows what caused it. I hope that me flipping out trying to open the door before she had to go didn't bring on a relapse! LOL! Of course I didn't get mad at her though. She just thought I was mad because I was cursing at the damn door! ;)
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 22, 2008, 08:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny View Post
    ...atlanta is 67 degrees fahrenheit. ...people are still wearing shorts and t-shirts.
    Should uppa yo face! It's -25 Fahrenheit here! :p

Good morning Sneezy!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 22, 2008, 08:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I just had this happen with french doors! They were frozen shut. My yard is fenced and so I thought I'd cut through the garage and let them out that way (they aren't allowed in the unfenced front yard). The side load garage door was frozen shut. So there I stood in the family room, hair dryer in hand, "defrosting" the french doors! My poor dog who is on steroids because of her skin rash simply couldn't wait and was mortified.

In the middle of this my cousin called. She pressed her garage door "open" button, there was a great deal of noise and the door, which was frozen to the ground, pulled off the track. She's currently trapped in her house.

'Tis the season -

(How is Niki doing with the shivering?)
    I never did ask Judy. Did you get yours unstuck then? Or are we all trapped! :eek:

... by the way, thanks for noticing that I was being followed! ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What does "Pet Peeve" means? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm learning English and would like to know what this expression actually means? Thank you! :)

View more questions Search