Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ang102863 Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2008, 05:11 PM
    Carving on seashells
    Was wondering if anyone has ever carved a scene on a seashell? If so any advise would be great , thanks, angie
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2008, 05:25 PM
    Hi, Angie!

I haven't. But, I do know just the person who might be able to give you some good advice for doing things artistically with them. That person would be jrebel7. I'm going to let her know about your post, if she hasn't already noticed it yet. I think that she might even be logged in here right now. Not sure though.
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2008, 05:29 PM
    I have just sent jrebel7 an email about your post.
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2008, 11:58 PM
    jrebel7 has informed me that she will be responding to your question, but she has guests over for some nights and will not be able to respond right away.

I am sure that you will love what she has to say when she does respond, though!
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2008, 09:47 PM
    Hi there Ang! Have you tried to carve on seashells?

If you have a Dremel tool, be sure to purchase a diamond tip to fit on it. I suggest anytime you are using a Dremel tool on a shell or eggs, gourds, etc. wear a face mask over your nose and mouth and work in an open area, preferably outside. Such fine particles are removed and if you breath them in your lungs it can cause lot of health problems. Ostrich egg dust while carving on those, will settle in your lung like cement. Shell would not be much different. Most shell carvings are done as a "relief" style, taking out the back part and leaving the surface as your image. Anytime, you are carving, just remember that it does take patience and is not an art form that can be rushed. I will get back with you later. I appreciate Clough letting me know about your post. Hopefully, others will see your post and reply soon as well. My company just left a bit ago and so I am going to crash for the night. Please post and let me know what you have tried and if it worked for you and we can go from there! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carving and etching eggs [ 7 Answers ]

Hi everyone, As you know I am now trying to learn the art of carving eggs, Except I am a little confused what is the difference in carving an egg? And etching an egg/? Can anyone help? Also if anyone knows a good book or video for beginners on the art of carving I would love to know.

Egg carving ? [ 10 Answers ]

I am wanting to try the art of egg carving.. Does anyone know how I can get started?? Tools I need? Books for beginners? The steps to learning this new art. Eggs just fasinate me, as you have seen before, am doing beading, painting, and pysanky, now want to try the new art for me of...

Pumpkin Carving [ 31 Answers ]

Have you carved your Pumpkin yet? Ben and Millie have done ours I thought id share it with you all, why don't you take a picture of yours too and share it. http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f132/curlybenswife/PA280072.jpg Oh nearly forgot Happy halloween

View more questions Search