Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tay09tay Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2008, 05:09 PM
    Revoked Drivers License
    Can you get pulled over for a revoked drivers license, or do you have to get pulled over for another traffic violation?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2008, 05:17 PM
    Generally you get pulled over for another traffic violation. Then when your driver's license is entered into the computer you will be found to be driving with no driver's license. Why would you even entertain doing this?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 13, 2008, 05:52 PM
    If a police officer who knows you are suspended happened to see you he can stop you for that.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2008, 07:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tay09tay
    can you get pulled over for a revoked drivers license, or do you have to get pulled over for another traffic violation?

You can get pulled over for (just about) any reason and your ID checked/verified.

In NYS the catch-all is the seatbelt law - the Police pull you over and say they didn't see your seatbelt. Then they check your ID.

Perfectly legal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Job Hunting with Revoked Drivers License from a DUI [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 DUIs and am searching for a job. I do not have a drivers license, so I use my State ID as my picture ID. Today I had an interview, and on the application they asked me what is my drivers license number. I had to leave it blank, because I haven't had a drivers license in a long time,...

Revoked license from one state cause another's conviction. [ 2 Answers ]

I was convicted of a DWI in GA the year of 2006, misdemeanor. In 2007 I decided to move to VA, surrendered my license March of 2007, and went through the process of living in two states. I received a citation for running the red light in GA, in which, the officer stated my VA license was revoked. I...

Revoked driver's license [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in Florida driver's license was suspended 3x. 1 for tickets, 2 due to child support. I was in a car accident was seriously injured therefore I could not work because of a torn rotater cup in my shoulder, job fired me, so I couldn't pay child support I got everything taking care of and paid a...

Revoked driving license [ 11 Answers ]

My husband has two dui in the state of illinios which happen back in 1995 OK now we live in Wisconsin and he received another one in sept 2004 he has since went sober and has been for 2 years and 1 month which I am proud of him. I forgot to add his license were revoked in illinios and Wisconsin...

UK drivers license to US license (but with conviction) [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in the UK and I recently crashed my dad's car (without a license nor insurance). I am going to get my full license soon, but the motoring department in the UK have said that I WILL have a conviction on it (obvisouly, for crashing, driving without license/insurance, seatbelts, etc). I am...

View more questions Search