Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    faeriewingz07 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2008, 03:48 PM
    Mirena IUD and pregnancy
    Okay. I'm 20 years old and the mother of a two year old. I have been on the Mirean IUD for 2 years now and am starting to experience pregnancy symptoms such as nausea, cramping, tender breasts and diarrea (which I experienced with my first child) I wanted to know who has gotten pregnant on the mirena and what their symptoms were. I have taken a number of test which all were negative. HELPP!
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Aug 13, 2008, 10:54 PM
    While I have my merina now for almost two years and just recently had a period after six months I have not had any issues with it... other than my own paranoia but here are some sites that might be useful... and for those who think that nobody gets pregnant with the iud your sorely mistaken... this particular form of because does not prevent conception it prevents implantation... there is a chance of getting pregnant with any form of because... the only way your not going too is to not let any little spermies close to your vagina...

::Edit:: sorry forgot the sites... lol... here you go

IUD Pregnancy - pregnancy-info.net

IUD Malfuction - pregnancy-info.net
    ana67 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2009, 05:55 AM

I am going through the same thing I have had all the pregnancy symptoms also and just last night I swear I felt a movement I don't know what to do or think I've also had no period after the 3months of the iud had been put in but for a month now I've spotted 3times and I can't fell my string! What do I do I'm so scared I already have 2kids I'm so confused with all this sicknes n feeling pregnant but my hpt shows negative HELP!!
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2009, 04:51 AM

Ana - the movement you felt was most likely in your head. If you have a merana, IF you are pregnant, its most likely ectopic and you need to see a doctor to confirm your fears.

I have read conflicting reports regarding HPT and ectopic pregnancies. I would see your GYN.
    momofallboys3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2009, 01:51 AM
    stevetcg-do a Google search, there are tons of woman that are pregnant and that have delivered while having a IUD... lots of woman. Tubal is common as well. Best advice, go see your obgyn
    madienpink Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2010, 01:49 PM
    I have been told that you can't take an urine test with these because it still comes up negative. And I do know people with healthy children who were born while their mother had the iud

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mirena IUD [ 4 Answers ]

Can I get pregnant on the Mirena IUD?

Can I be pregnant on the mirena? [ 1 Answers ]

I am 20 years old and have been on the mirena since the 3rd march since then I have split with my partner nad am now with guy and very settled and happy accept I have irregular bleeding I at first put this down to having sex more often and him being more endowded then my ex! But it has continued I...

Mirena user but feeling pregnancy symptoms [ 1 Answers ]

I've had the Mirena IUC since Nov. 2007, and had irregular bleeding up until February '08. February was when I had my last normal period. Since then I have not had a period or spotting. Last week I noticed that my breasts felt sore and I was cramping. They don't feel heavy or swollen and my...

View more questions Search