Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    usmcphantom0186 Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2008, 06:18 PM
    My uncle committed suiside I believe he was forgiving anyway you need to think about the people your hurting he dide almost 2 years ago and to this day I hate him so much I know he had a lot going on but I will neva 4give him. You need to think about all the people you are going to hurt
    usmcphantom0186 Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2008, 06:21 PM
    I believe god does forgive he forgives everyone
    T Rules Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2008, 08:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 92776
    Hi,
    Can someone help me with finding the truth about whether God forgives if one commits suicide, I have heard No and Yes. I need to know I used to be a person that was against suicide, however the past years of my life have been nothing but shear HELL......the only thing that keeps me going is the fact that I have a child and I would'nt want to disappoint her, however I have enough family that would be able to give her a much better life than the one that I am giving her. I feel sick to my stomach that my life is in turmoil and that she has to feel the wrath of that.... sometimes I pray to God to give it all to me, but PLEASE don't let it affect my daughter. Well Im getting it all I feel like this is rock bottom.....I have been trusting and believing that God din't bring this far for nothing, but this has been ongoing for my entire life......Is it anywhere in the bible that says that someone never perseveres.....please let me know so that I can understand that maybe that person is me.....Im tired and I am neglecting my health because things are soooooobad for me. Please pray for my child, because she does not deserve what I am putting her through. Can you please tell me if it is a sin to want a goodlife for your child....I am seriously contemplating taking my life, but Im not even tryna find out what rock bottom is, if this isn't already.

Thanks
    U would be giving your child a badder life then what you would if you werew alive so if you commit suicide your going to really baddly hurt your daughter I'm a person who has gone through there parent dying and it kills for your whole life now I am only 10 but my mum died when I was 18 months old plzzzzzzzzzzzz don't do that to your child. Ps. A father in 1 child's life is more greater than living so consider your child and you and your child will get through it!! Again plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz don't do that to your daughter!!
    ANB428 Posts: 450, Reputation: 42

Aug 19, 2008, 01:33 PM
    I agree with NOhelp4u. Do you want your daughter growing up with no mother? Look back at your childhood, what would happen if you grew up with no mother? You don't want her growing up knowing that you committed suicide. I have had those thoughts before and the only thing that stopped me was that I didn't want my daughter having to grow up hating me for doing such a selffish act because life was too hard. I am going through a lot of crap right now as well that keeps me down. My boyfriend and I just separated and I moved out of his house. I am about to start school again next week. I just paid $80 that I don't have to switch my internet back and forth from his house back to mine. I am now living with my brother because I let him move in my house when I moved in with my boyfriend. I have no money and I work two jobs to pay daycare and bills. I am 1500 miles away from my mom and the other family I have out here wouldn't even watch my daughter so I could go to the ER. I tore all the ligaments and tendons in my ankle. Hmmmm... what else has happen in the past two weeks? Oh you, my second job, I left the office unlocked when I left and someone went in and stole $1,000, so now I have to pay that off. All of that has happened within the past two weeks. Everyone has hard times in their lives, before the past two weeks there were many more bad times. You need to fall on your knees and pray to God and tell him to take all of the pain away and to help you by giving you the strength to carry on. Sometimes you just need a huge cry. Don't take your life! No troubles are worth that. I dread waking up most days to see what bad stuff is going to happen throughout the day, then I changed my outlook on thinking. You can't think about the negative all the time, that is what keeps you down. You need to think positive. Look at what you do have rather than what you don't have. At least you have your daughter who will always love you no matter what you do, as long as you are there for her to love! Good luck with everything.
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Aug 31, 2008, 11:01 PM
    Change the way you look at things...
    And the things you look at will change.

I heard this somewhere, but can't remember where. I just know I liked it; I believe there is power in positive thinking. Ask God to help you with your perspective. Be sure that you learn from past mistakes and don't make the same one twice. I'm sure we all have had times in our lives when we would have rather been dead, I know I have. But, the older I get, the more stuff I can look back on and see that I over came it. You have already survived things in your past and you can survive this too. This is not your rock bottom, this is your finest hour. Do us all proud and come through this a better person and a finer steward of Gods love. I can tell you have it in you AND you are not alone. We are all sending you our positive energy. Peace,cozyk
    zella1 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2008, 02:53 PM
    God may forgive you but your little girl never will. She will blame herself and her life will be tarnished if her mother takes her own life. You keep going on about how bad your life is... you need to stop focusing so much on yourself and start focusing and putting all that energy into raising your little girl and protecting her. No one in this world can replace you as her mother. Your child is the most precious gift that any woman can have.

Get back on track, stop all the negative thinking and go to your gp, get some medication for your severe depression. Your life will look differently if you get treatment and your outlook will become increasing positive. You need to take control of your life instead of feeling like your taking a beating from life.

Let me tell you that there is not one person in this world that has an easy life, a lot of really bad things happen to people every day, its not what happens to them as much as it is how they cope with it.
    Get some help and let go of your current dismel focus on yourself. You are entilted to get some happiness from this life and watch your daughter grow up and be proud of your achievements as a mother. You sound like you're a good mother. I know you must love your little girl so much. Prove it to her and make a change for the better. You are worth it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 9, 2008, 04:53 PM
    How can God forgive you if you are dead, you are not alive to ask to be forgiven.

In the case of someone that does not know what they are doing, perhaps God understands they are not acting out a thought out plan.

I wish I could stand here and say everyone is saved, everyone goes to heaven but that is not the case.

You have duties as a parent, it is not easy, but you have to start thinking of others not yourself as much
    chiradeep Posts: 68, Reputation: 3

Sep 9, 2008, 09:44 PM
    Dear Friend! I can really understand what you are going through. I will be praying for you.
    I want you to do read this article by cliking the link: Suicide: What does the Bible teach?

I think this will clarify your doubts about what the Bible says about SUICIDE?

Lastly your life is precious to God. Start working on your hobbies. Serve others. Don't be selfish and kill yourself. There are many who are depressed you can be a light to them.

Feel free to mail me...

Thanks...
    pattijo55 Posts: 104, Reputation: 5

Sep 10, 2008, 08:21 AM
    Hi,
    Can someone help me with finding the truth about whether God forgives if one commits suicide, I have heard No and Yes. I need to know I used to be a person that was against suicide, however the past years of my life have been nothing but shear HELL......the only thing that keeps me going is the fact that I have a child and I would'nt want to disappoint her, however I have enough family that would be able to give her a much better life than the one that I am giving her. I feel sick to my stomach that my life is in turmoil and that she has to feel the wrath of that.... sometimes I pray to God to give it all to me, but PLEASE don't let it affect my daughter. Well Im getting it all I feel like this is rock bottom.....I have been trusting and believing that God din't bring this far for nothing, but this has been ongoing for my entire life......Is it anywhere in the bible that says that someone never perseveres.....please let me know so that I can understand that maybe that person is me.....Im tired and I am neglecting my health because things are soooooobad for me. Please pray for my child, because she does not deserve what I am putting her through. Can you please tell me if it is a sin to want a goodlife for your child....I am seriously contemplating taking my life, but Im not even tryna find out what rock bottom is, if this isn't already.

Thanks
    I pray for you and your family first of all. I read the others posts and what I did not see was the answer to your question. I do know that in the Bible it says suicide is a moral sin and you will not go to heaven. Which in turn means to me that if you think what is happening to you here on earth is bad... it will be much worst for eternity after you die. Please reconsider your thinking and live for your daughter and yourself. Hugs p
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Sep 10, 2008, 08:27 PM
    First of all I would like to thank everyone that took the time to respond, I am so grateful for the encouragement it really means a lot and believe that it has definitely helped.....I am truly still in a funk, but I am trying so hard to shake this thing......I have been in prayer with God as I usually am.......Family and friend support has been good, but to be honest I haven't even told some of closest relatives what I am experiencing and my attitude towards life, because it has been so bad for sooooooooo long that I just feel like they are sick of hearing about me and my troubles......lord knows that Im sick of me and my troubles.......well to anyone that is going through what Im going through, I will continue to pray for you all......Im trying to believe that one day we will be released....I apologize if I offended anyone Im just a person that is stressed trying to keep from being depressed.
    Maybe you are chemically depressed and that is the reason you can't shake this thing. I have been there and it REALLY SUCKS!! What ever you do don't take your own life because believe me... this too shall pass.
    See a doctor about depression. There is nothing wrong with getting help with depression, there is everything right with it. Take care of yourself, I'm sending you positive vibes, I hope you catch them! cozyk;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Suicide [ 22 Answers ]

Hello: Now don't go getting all soppy on me. I ain't about to cash in my chips any time soon. However, I DO want to be the one who decides when the time is right. Why shouldn't I be able to? I'm talking about doing this when my body tells me it's time, not because I'm depressed. Or,...

On suicide [ 3 Answers ]

Is it normal to from time to time think about death or suicide? With all the problems the world have, do people think and say" is not worth it, might as well get it over with"? I mean we all have our ups and downs

Suicide [ 11 Answers ]

Hello: I just read about this poor 85 year old lady who has lost control over her own life. What an undignified way to go! I wouldn't want to end it that way - and I'm not going to. I'll decide when it's over. Tell me why I should end up crapping in my pants. Do you crap your pants? ...

Historical Teen Girls Movie- Suicide or Suicide Attempt? [ 1 Answers ]

I remember watching a movie as a teen- about 10-15 years ago on Showtime or HBO. I think it took place around WWII, with a teenage girl that befriends a new girl at their school, which I think was an all-girls school. The girls meet with other girls (friends) from the school in the woods behind the...

Suicide dog [ 2 Answers ]

My dog barkley is a half black lab half german sheperd she has a crate, but she is willing to kill herself to get out. She clawed out, but she scraped her nose, and it bleed for ever. What should I do?

View more questions Search