Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    quaba2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2008, 02:56 PM
    How do you clean a condensation drain?
    My A/C unit is leaking inside by the heating unit, I believe it is a clogged drain but if there are other things that would cause this please let me know.
    hixton Posts: 146, Reputation: 5

Aug 13, 2008, 06:37 PM
    Pull the hose off and blow through it then check where connects to see if there is anything
    Inside the connection
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2008, 07:00 PM
    1st and easiest try, is to suck it out with a wet/dry shop vac,stick drain into vac hose and then wrap some rags around the nozzel so all the suction is pulling through the drain
    sheshore Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2008, 04:25 PM
    Use the shop vac from outside where the water comes out of the house. Then put some bleach in the drain at the inside unit pipe. Mine are PVC so it's easy to recognize them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Locating main drain clean out [ 3 Answers ]

I am on city water and swear. Don't know how old ouse is, how do I find out ? What city department keeps the recors of where the main dran is?

Condensation drain stub out [ 1 Answers ]

Can you attach a 3/4" condensation drain to a utility sink on a 2" circuit vented drain? I'm specifically concerned with the code that says "all fixtures will attach individually and horizontally to the building drain".

Condensation pump connected into sewer drain - risks? [ 1 Answers ]

We have had a steam generator with a auto drain feature installed in our basement for a steam shower. Contractor failed to install a floor drain prior to build out. As a work around, he installed a condensation pump (to handle the drainage from the auto flush feature) which was then connected...

Another Condensation drain question. [ 3 Answers ]

This may seem like an odd question but I have noticed that the water coming out of the condensation line that leads from our indoor lennox air handler has rust in it. Is this normal? I know it comes from the water dripping off the evaperator coils, but should they or something else in there be...

View more questions Search