Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shilgirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2006, 02:16 PM
    Doves
    I have a shelf on the side of my house that doves make a nest and have babies on all the time. It has gotten out of control. I have cleaned up all the "poop" and got rid of all the nests. I know they will build my nests if I don't do something. I don't want to do anything to harm or kill the doves.
    Is there something I can put on the shelf that will keep them away. Someone recommended a rubber snake... I'd like to ask an expert.
    Thanks
    Shirley
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2006, 02:20 PM
    More popular than a rubber snake: An eagle. Around here we see plastic Eagles sitting all over the place acting as scarecrows. Doves and pigeons will not go near it.
    Cgirl Posts: 287, Reputation: 38

Apr 18, 2006, 02:24 PM
    OR a plastic owl also does the trick! We have a problem with pigeons around here and they always use a plastic owl. I would think an eagle would work too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do you get rid of doves (pigeons) (birds) [ 1 Answers ]

We live in an apartment house. Recently, our little balcony and others on our (east) side of the building have been infiltrated by doves who leave mementos behind. How do we scare them away? Owl cutouts? Ribbons? Any thoughts would be very helpful. Thank you. Peter

View more questions Search