Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    praveen_s Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2008, 01:59 PM
    H1B transfer Fees
    Hello,

Can you please tell the H1B transfer fees(Total Fees).

Regards,
    Praveen Shivanna
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Aug 13, 2008, 04:48 PM
    Generally, the H-1B petitioner is required to pay the following filing fees for an H-1B petition:

1. $320 for the base filing fee;
    2. $500 for the fraud prevention and detection fee;
    3. $750 for an additional fee if the petitioner employs a total of no more than 25 full-time equivalent employees in the U.S. ($1500 for an additional fee if the petitioner employs more than 25 employees)

If premium processing is chosen, there is an additional $1,000 premium processing fee.

In some circumstances, the above-mentioned fee #3 of $750 or $1,500 can be exempted, when:

* The employer is an institution of higher education; or
    * The employer is a nonprofit organization or entity related to, or affiliated with an institution of higher education; or
    * The employer is a nonprofit research organization or governmental research organization that is primarily engaged in basic research and/or applied research; or
    * The employer is a primary or secondary education institute; or
    * The employer is a nonprofit entity which engages in an established curriculum-related clinical training or has students register at the institution; or
    * The petition is the second or subsequent request for an extension of stay filed by the same employer.

There are no exemptions for the above-mentioned first two fees of $320 and $500.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

International Wire Transfer Fees [ 10 Answers ]

I work for a company that insists on charging our international customers any and all wire transfer fees charged to us. All of my intl customers say this is horrible and no other US company treats them this way. Does anyone have any input, fair trade information, suggested reading or experience...

Deduct brokerage fees, appraisal fees and other closing costs on my taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased my home in Calif in 2006 and refinances in 2007 to lower the interest rate. Can I deduct the brokerage fee, appraisal fee, flood fee, document fee, escrow fee and transfer fees? I paid all of the fees and did not include them in the refinance of my home. If I can decuct any of these...

College application fees and testing fees as tax deductions [ 3 Answers ]

Are the fees we are paying for our son to apply to various colleges tax deductable? Also, what about the money paid to take ACT ; SAT and AP tests? And, th emoney spent requesting these scores be sent to the universities being applied to?

View more questions Search