Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daughter of tru Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2008, 12:43 PM
    Names on deed
    When we purchased our house our credit was crappy so my oms name was only on the deed our realestate agent told us that we could add my name to the deed later. It has been about a year and 1/2 and she is worried about her health and wants to make sure that we have everything in order. Is there a way to add my name to the deed with out disturbing the mortgage...
    rockinmommy Posts: 1,123, Reputation: 82
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2008, 08:09 PM
    I assume by "our house" you mean you and your spouse? And your mom co-signed or something?

Is your mortgage in perfect order?

Your mom can do a quit claim deed to add you. Technically, the lender could enact the "due on sale" clause that almost all mortgages have. On performing mortgages (meaning you're current on payments, in good standing) I've never known first hand of one being called due. But you need to know that it could happen.

Otherwise it would require a refi of the house to change or add names.

You can contact a local title company and see what they recommend.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How many names on the deed? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I have a question: I am building a new home in Texas where my fiancé and I plan on living (and we plan on getting married in about a year). Since my credit and my salary is better than hers, I am the only one on the mortgage, but now the question is what names to put on the deed. In...

Names on deed [ 7 Answers ]

Hi there... my son is buying his first home... he is a bachelor, just out of college. My husband and I are giving him $40,000 for a downpayment on this home. He is getting the loan in his name. All we want is to have our names on the deed; i.e. Tommy Jones, Harry Jones, Mary Jones so that if he...

Name on Mortgage Vs Names on Deed [ 2 Answers ]

I just received a mortgage commitment from my mortgage company, but ONLY on my name. My wife wants to be sure her name appears on the Deed from the time of closing. Is this possible without disturbing the mortgage commitment or starting all over to look for a loan? Jfe

Two names on deed [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter and her boyfriend are buying a home. Can the deed be in both names even though they are not married?

View more questions Search