Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leeweaver Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2008, 12:43 PM
    Cascading list box lookup fields in the table design not on a form
    I am trying to make a set of cascading list box lookup fields.

If I were going to do it on a form it would be easier, I could VBA to do it. But I'm trying to do it in the table design, and not having much luck I would think it could be done via rowsource in the lookup section for a listbox field

Any help or insight or even the answer "NO it can't be done" would be useful if that truly is the answer

Lee
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 13, 2008, 05:49 PM
    You can't do it at the table level, nor should you. I do NOT recommend using lookup fields on the table level. Users should never have direct access to tables anyway.
    leeweaver Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2008, 05:30 AM
    Why is everyone so against lookup fields?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 14, 2008, 05:46 AM
    This article explains why

The Access Web - The Evils of Lookup Fields in Tables

Also, as I said, users should NEVER have direct access to tables. So there is really no reason to use them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which table to create main form [ 3 Answers ]

I have created the following tables per a response from Scottgem at to another user asking about creating a Access Database for a survey. My database has 26 questions with answers range being not very true to verry true with a couple simple yes no answers. Where I am stumped is how to display...

I need the data etered in my website form application fields send to my email [ 1 Answers ]

Hallo, thank you for your very interesting website , I want to ask about php " I have designed a simple application form but I want when my visitor enter my web page and enter their data in the form fields the data send to my email address. I can't do that please show me how with...

Forward lookup,reverse lookup [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am not getting the idea what exactly is FORWARD LOOKUP, REVERSE LOOKUP,zones while configuring DNS . Can anone explain briefly or give me the link to go through:)

Cascading lookup fields... [ 3 Answers ]

Want to use the form frmCardDetails to populate tblCards. Want to select the sport from a lookup field linked to tblSports and then the League from tblLeagues, BUT only displaying the leagues that are included in that sport. I have looked at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/209595/en-us and...

View more questions Search