Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ZachZ Posts: 71, Reputation: 8

Aug 14, 2008, 08:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    That is no different than saying God did not need flesh to come to earth as a human through Jesus.
    A CORRECT and ACCURATE statement!

Why would that be saying Jesus sinned? Do you know what a soul is?
    This was a follow-up to the person who said that the 'sacrifice' was that God experienced sin, which the poster defined as separation of the soul. This indicates 1) Jesus was not God because he had a soul, something God has no need for; 2) Jesus sinned -- If the 'sacrifice' was that God experienced sin, and the claim is made that Jesus was God, then this is the same thing as saying "Jesus sinned."

Show me how I am not correct.
    JoeT777 Posts: 1,248, Reputation: 44
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2008, 10:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeT777
    Death is a separation of body and soul.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZachZ
    This is interesting. So what use does God have for a 'soul'? A soul is something that only humans need.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZachZ
    Christ’s soul slept. This indicates again that Jesus was not God. Only humans have souls. God has no need for a soul.
    I think I can resolve both these objections with one explanation. Once again, your objection is probably my failure for not being clear.

In my first post I stated that Christ was a Man and as such had both a body and a soul. I also said that God IS. I don’t think I’ve got the wherewithal to define God – nor does anybody.

The Man that was, is, and always will be, Christ died; by definition of death, it entailed a separation of the body from the soul. For three days the body continued in corruption. The soul descended into Sheol for the same three days, a place Jewish faith holds to be a waiting place for souls. Descending to Sheol was always referred to in Scripture as being asleep.

We take Christ’s soul to be rather different in that it was pure and in perfect communion with God. Nevertheless, Christ’s soul went to Sheol until the resurrection where it was re-united with the body. Upon the ascension, the resurrected Man called Christ, body and soul, re-established its communion with God; who is a Triune of three persons, God, Christ, and the Holy Spirit. Christ sat at the right hand of God.

So, yes only humans have souls as did Christ who was human. The second person of the Trinity has, among other things, a human soul. I’m assuming you’re not denying Christ his humanity? I don’t believe I implied that God (the fist person in the Triune) had a soul, what was said was that God IS.

"Therefore, both Jesus the man and Jesus the God were crucified."

JoeT
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2008, 10:50 AM
    Yes soul does not equal sin Adam and Eve had a soul before they sinned.

defining spirit, soul, and body
    JoeT777 Posts: 1,248, Reputation: 44
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2008, 11:01 AM
    Yes soul does not equal sin Adam and Eve had a soul before they sinned.

defining spirit, soul, and body

You lost me.
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2008, 11:06 AM
    OP seems to think soul = sin
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Aug 14, 2008, 12:23 PM
    Jesus is a separate person from God. He is God's son, He is not God. Genesis tells how Jesus was created by God as the first fruit of His Creation, how God was especially fond of him, but as for Jesus, his thoughts were with {he was fond of} the humans God created on Earth. The angels in heaven are also called God's sons, Jesus, his firstborn, is also the Archangel Michael. When Adam and Eve sinned in the Garden of Eden, eating the fruit off God's tree of Knowledge, in order to prevent them from also eating from the tree of life God put them out of the garden. Jesus calls Himself the tree of life. Was He actually there in the garden at the beginning of creation too? When Abram was tested, he offered up his son as a sacrifice. Did God kill his son? No, he basically said, that's all right, I will accept this ram caught in the thornbushes as your sacrifice. When God offered up His own son, what did man do? He killed God's son. In the Old Testament David is called God's son, God says I will become his father, and he will become my son. David at this point had already been born, so how could he now have a different father? It was similar to the born again arrangement, David was to become a new person entirely.
    pnkrkmama Posts: 16, Reputation: 5

Aug 14, 2008, 12:31 PM
    Zach you are ignoring what the point of my response was. You are trying to logically understand something that is spiritual. Maybe you never operate on a spiritual level which is truly sad. You can't answer a spiritual question with the physical mind which you are apparently proud to be stifled by

Aug 14, 2008, 12:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wildandblue
    Jesus is a seperate person from God. He is God's son, He is not God.
    You are either declaring your polytheism, or you admit that Jesus is not God here -- I am not sure which, your response is unclear. Either response puts you outside the stated beliefs of normative Christianity, and so you're not addressing my original question.

Aug 14, 2008, 12:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pnkrkmama
    Zach you are ignoring what the point of my response was. You are trying to logically understand something that is spiritual. Maybe you never operate on a spiritual level which is truly sad. You can't answer a spiritual question with the physical mind which you are apparently proud to be stifled by
    The 'point' of your response seems to be: I admit my beliefs are illogical and self-contradictory, but because this is a "spiritual" subject, logic does not apply. You are still saying: Answer C: My beliefs are self-contradictory and illogical.

This may be satisfactory for you, but not for me or any other sensible person who doesn't feel that one must abandon all logic and reason when studying Torah. God gave me a sharp, inquisitive and logical mind, and I see no reason to throw away these gifts that God gave me when my thoughts turn to Him and His Torah.
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Aug 14, 2008, 12:50 PM
    Read sentence three of my original response--Jesus is not God. He is God's son. Once resurrected, He sat down at the right hand of the Father. Told, sit at my right hand, I will make a footstool out of your enemies for you to rest your feet on. Was God looking in a mirror here? Was He talking to Himself? Of course not. God sent His perfect son as a ransom sacrifice for the sin of the imperfect man Adam. This is all in the Bible. How does pointing this out not make me a Chistian? I was trying to help, not annoy you. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Aug 14, 2008, 12:53 PM
    I think I can resolve both these objections with one explanation. Once again, your objection is probably my failure for not being clear.

In my first post I stated that Christ was a Man and as such had both a body and a soul...
    You are still providing Answer B: No sacrifice. Without the death of God, what true sacrifice was there? The entirety of the Christian idea of 'grace' is that God died for your sins. The narrative you provided shows that God did NOT die, for any purpose. All that can be said is that God created a human being (at no expense to Himself) and sent this human being to die in an un-kosher manner for a purpose prohibited by Torah. Such a 'sacrifice' is invalid and meaningless.
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2008, 12:54 PM
    The closest I can make sense of the trinity is like a triangle with three dots within it.
    It is ONE triangle yet three dots.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2008, 12:59 PM
    Your right I don't have an answer... but then I don't feel the need

There are many things in life that I as a mere mortal do not understand.

Our brains cannot comprehened all things... I personnaly don't think we are meant to

But for the Grace of God...

Aug 14, 2008, 01:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rphan
    Your right i don't have an answer...Our brains cannot comprehened all things
    Thank you for your honest answer.
    fixxs Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2008, 01:14 PM
    Well first of all jesus is all things
    He is god the father the son therefor when he died on the cross for our sins he did actually die for our sins
    All together he is one and so that means that he resurected himself because as I said he is everything the father and the son

Aug 14, 2008, 01:15 PM
    I don't know for a fact but that is what I think and to tell you the truth I think you need to just believe and take it as that

Aug 14, 2008, 01:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by De Maria
    Sure. But before we do so, lets talk logic. Do you know the definition of a "loaded question"?
    I sure do! And I am happy to talk logic! I feel we sure could use some here. So let's get started:

...every answer which you can possibly conceive will justify or confirm your presupposition.
    My question is only "loaded" problematically IF I am making an incorrect assumption. Such as in your example:

"have you stopped beating your wife?"
    the question can only be shown to be "loaded" and therefore invalid if the underlying assumption--that the person you are asking is indeed beating his wife--can be shown to be untrue.

Therefore my question back to you is: What is the underlying assumption in my question that you can demonstrate not to be true?

RE: definition of death:
    your spirit separates from your body and you are dead because your body is no longer animated by your spirit.
    I have no problem with your definition, let's use it.

your spirit continues to live in the after life
    fine...

So, what happened to Jesus on the Cross? Jesus died because His body was no longer animated by His Spirit. Yet His Spirit continued to live ...
    You are still providing Answer B: No sacrifice. God sent a man He created to go get himself killed. No negative effects reached God Himself. So what real sacrifice was there? No true sacrifice = no atoning death possible.

If mine is a 'loaded question' you still have to show me what my incorrect underlying assumption is.

Aug 14, 2008, 01:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxs
    i dont know for a fact but that is what i think and to tell u the truth i think u need to just believe and take it as that
    Answer C: Willful self-delusion.

Aug 14, 2008, 01:45 PM
    It seems to me nothing is going to please u so if u really want a good and true answer why not go and ask your paster
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2008, 01:48 PM
    It seems to me nothing is going to please u so if u really want a good and true answer why not go and ask your paster

Exactly what I was getting ready to say. With some people even God himself in person face to face would not convince them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My ex doesn't want to provide... [ 2 Answers ]

My "ex" has been "starting a business" for about 4 years now. As you can imagine- he has not been consistent paying child support during this time. I'm wondering how to prove his income when I finally take him to court ( I have every reason to believe he is making some sort of money, he travels a...

Return a NEW car if body work is not satisfactory [ 3 Answers ]

I recently purchased a new car. The car was covered in pollen when I bought it and I asked if they could at least rinse it off before we leave. They said they would detail it for us so should bring it back in a few days. The next day it rained and rinsed off the pollen. We noticed a couple of...

Can anyone Provide an example of [ 3 Answers ]

An activity the Department of Homeland Security has engaged in that you believe supports it mission and one you do not.:confused:

DNS Query Query. A Query about DNS Queries... [ 12 Answers ]

I am a software developer, I don’t know much about networks. I have a working network but with one weird (well to me it’s weird) problem. If you can offer any insight I’ll be very grateful! <!--- Image Attachment Below (I couldn't find a way to paste it here in the editor :-( ) ---> ...

View more questions Search