Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    04091985 Posts: 86, Reputation: 2

Aug 13, 2008, 10:04 AM
    File Deletd from network
    Hi,

I had a file in the server where everyone use to access it and there were no rule set on it . One of my colleague deleted it from logging from his system , now my question is where has the file gone . In the sense if I delete from my local computer the file would have been stored in recycle bin . But for my case the file has been deleted from other PC by connecting through the network:confused: . Any suggestion for this.
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Aug 13, 2008, 01:45 PM
    Restore it from backups. There is no Undelete for networked drives.
    bobp1 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2008, 03:38 PM
    If you do not have a backup of the file than try these

1 If you are using a workstation as a server than it might be possible to located the fiel ing the trash can ad undelete it.

2. If option 1 does not work for you the file may still be on the server. When MS deletes a file it only removes the file pointer from the file tables (Directory). If the space has not yet been used by an other file then there are undelete (file recovery programs) here is a free one that claims it will do what you want. Restore accidentally deleted files from FAT and NTFS volumes

Hope this helps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a Video file be converted to a understandable text file [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Can you please let me know if a video file be converted to some readable text file. For example, if we read the text file, we should understand what the video shows and vice versa. Is there any such conversion possible. Please help me in this issue as early as possible.

Not on college network, my computer says it cannot detect wireless network?Belkin [ 2 Answers ]

I took my Dell laptop with me to college and used a cable to hook it up in the dorm. When I came back for the holidays my parents had gotten a new wireless card (BELKIN) for their laptop but said that they didn't change anything else. My computer used to run wireless at this home and my parents...

Local area network&wide area network [ 1 Answers ]

i. If we can extend the LAN then why we need a WAN? ii. How can a bridge know whether to forward frames? iii. Can the length of an Ethernet be increased to many segments of 500 meter each merely by adding a repeater to connect each additional segment? iv. How can a computer attach to a network...

File sharing in ad hoc wireless network [ 5 Answers ]

My two systems are connected through wireless network.both show as STATUS CONNECTED.now my connection is how to share files between them?

File Sharing on a Wireless Network [ 2 Answers ]

Greetings to All!:) I am trying to share files amongst 3 computers (one is a laptop). The main computer is connected to the internet directly to a cable modem. The other 2 (laptop & my son's computer) connect to the internet via a wireless connection. All this was setup by someone we paid to...

View more questions Search