Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Throttle1982 Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2008, 05:19 PM
    Well it didn't fix it. Still running like poo...
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2008, 05:26 PM
    Since I didn't hear back from you, after the new distributor arrived, I figured it must not have solved the problem.

Sep 3, 2008, 08:55 PM
    Yeah sorry, I didn't get the new distributor in until today...
    I took the catalytic off and looked inside to see if maybe it had melted and plugged the exhaust, but no go. I also replaced the fuel filter, still no change. Checked the timing again and it was still bang on...

Sep 4, 2008, 02:37 PM
    I'm going to try a fuel pressure gauge on the output of the fuel filter and check to see if the pressure is correct.

Sep 4, 2008, 07:39 PM
    Well I checked the fuel pressure and that's good. Checked the valve clearances, and those are good. I checked the timing once again, and that was spot on...

I'm at a total loss. I've go outside to work on it every day, trying something different, but it just doesn't change anything. What bugs me is that the computer isn't giving me ANY codes for what's wrong...
    Could a sticky valve cause this? If so, how does a car run with a sticky valve?

Sep 9, 2008, 11:19 AM
    Are you away txgreasemonkey?
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2008, 02:23 PM
    Your situation sounds like a very difficult one. Without being there and, based on everything you have already done, I don't have any great ideas on what to check next.

Sep 22, 2008, 08:32 AM

Well I eventually broke down and paid someone to come take a look at the car. As it turns out, I had 2 cracked spark plugs... It was only running on 2 cylinders. Replaced the spark plugs... ran like a charm!
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2008, 10:53 AM

After all that you had done, I knew it had to be something unusual. Glad to hear it's running well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1990 Honda Civic rough idel and dead cylinder [ 5 Answers ]

My 1990 Honda civic 1.5 is driving me nutts. It idels rough and when you pull the #2 spark plug wire it does not change the idel or anything. I put a full tune up on it, it has spark on all wires, compression is great on all holes. When you get the rpm's up it smooths out and runs great. I pulled...

96 Civic Running Rough in Heat [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 96 Civic, 4 cylinder. Since it has been warm (hot) it has been running warm. It doesn't overheat but gets up there. This happens only when driving in town, stops, just not moving a lot. It also seems to vapor lock. When it is getting hot and I end up turning off the engine, run inside...

Rough running 1991 honda [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 1991 Honda Accord LX (250,000 mi) it has a rough running zone between 1500 - 2000 rpms. Worst after car has warmed up. The distributor, cap, rotor, ign. Wires, spark plugs have been replaced. No loss of power or missing under load. It accelerates normal. A little rough idle when cold, but...

My 96 Honda Civic is Running a little rough [ 1 Answers ]

All right, well I got up to go to school this morning and my check engine light comes on, and I notice when I am idling that it is rough and shakey, any suggestions as to what the problem and/or solution might be?

View more questions Search