Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DoodleBug Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2006, 10:51 AM
    Need dating help! I think I'm too impatient...
    I met a guy a couple of weeks ago and we went out last week. We had a nice time and both agreed that we'd have to get together again soon, but there were no plans made. We text message a lot, so when I ended up being free on Friday night (we had just gone on our first date that wed.) I texted him that I might be out later. He told me to call him if I was. So I did and he was busy, which was OK, so he said call me later and I said call me later and that was it. I didn't call him or text message him all weekend, but couldn't stand it anymore last night so I just sent him a text asking how his weekend had been. I still have gotten no response from him still. He has never done that before, he always at least responds, so now I'm wondering if I scared him off? I know we just met and have only had one date, but I thought we had a nice time and both wanted to get together again. Now I'm not sure what's going on. What do you guys think?
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2006, 03:53 PM
    It's hard to say for sure what's going on as there's limited information at this point. As you say, you've only had one date so far and you don't know each other all that well at this point. You may have scared him off or he may really just be busy and unable to respond to you right now. I'd give it a week or two and see if he contacts you. If not, you can contact him if you like but keep it casual with no pressure. If you end up making a date that's good but if not then that's OK too. The trick is to not appear overly anxious or desperate.
    DoodleBug Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2006, 05:24 AM
    I have talked with him since this and we are supposed to go out this weekend. I will wait for him to call me to make the arrangements, too. Thanks

p.s. it didn't really help any that I was pms-ing also. Lol
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2006, 05:43 AM
    Hi, doodlebug,
    Good luck with getting a date set up with him.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 24, 2006, 10:27 AM
    In the meantime while your waiting do you have things in your life you enjoy friends, hobbies? The worst thing is waiting by the phone for someone to call yuk! Stay busy with your life and let things work themselves out!:cool: :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

From dating to friends to dating? [ 3 Answers ]

Here's my problem. I met this guy about 9 months ago. After only going out a couple of times we started dating. It only lasted for about a month and he ended it saying he didn't think we had enough in common. Since then we have become best friends and spend a lot of time together. But we are...

Help with dating [ 4 Answers ]

Well , don't laugh but I've not had a date in about 8 years! I'm 35 , live alone. I've never been in love & never had a long term boyfriend. I'm not ugly , I'm a confident and outgoing person, I have loads of friends. I just can't seem to attract anyone... & when I do I just run off......

View more questions Search