Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    looseendz Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2008, 08:36 AM
    Trying to repair credit
    Hello all,

I am wondering if I sent a check for the full amount I owe to a credit card company with a letter stating they may cash this check under the condition they remove the negative status (negative because of late payments and over the limit) on my credit report and they cash the check will they legally have to remove it from my credit report
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2008, 08:45 AM
    Nope.

Won't happen.

They cannot remove factual and correct information from your credit report, it would be considered fraud on their part.

It ain't going to happen.
    looseendz Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2008, 08:56 AM
    Well I guess what I mean is "under the condition it goes to a positve status" the card would be open and full credit would be available. It was negative even when I was up to date because of a late payment over 60 days. Do you think they would cash the check anyway? And thank you for your answer
    shayne54 Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Sep 3, 2008, 06:57 PM
    Negative items are removed from credit reports all the time.
    Tyler30 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2008, 07:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by looseendz
    Hello all,

I am wondering if I sent a check for the full amount I owe to a credit card company with a letter stating they may cash this check under the condition they remove the negative status (negative because of late payments and over the limit) on my credit report and they cash the check will they legally have to remove it from my credit report
    Before you send the check ,get this in writing.This is the only way to hold their feet to the fire

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to repair my credit is using a credit repair agency any good? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi I am trying to repair my credit in the USA but don't know about using a US credit repair agency. Has anybody has any advice? Thank you C

Credit Repair [ 4 Answers ]

There are so many credit repair companies and web sites around. You also hear about schemes and other people fanaggling ways to get you to pay them to help you repair your credit or increase your score. How does one know who to trust? Has anyone really gotten success with any of these companies?...

Credit Repair [ 1 Answers ]

Two years ago I signed the bank note covering the mortgage an equity loan (same bank)for a friend. He made no payments to his mortgage and several payments to the equity loan and, of course the bank began proceedings. After twelve months (July 2006) he managed to refinance and transfer the note...

View more questions Search